This simple homemade Black Bean Dip is full of flavor and pairs perfectly with so many things! The juicy, plum tomatoes paired with black beans and zesty citrus lime juice tastes amazing with tortilla chips, tacos, burritos, enchiladas, quesadillas and so much more! There are so many options with this dish!
Let me tell you guys, I love a good dip and that’s exactly what this recipe brings to the table! This Black Bean Dip is so yummy!! I recently went to a friend’s house to teach an essential oil class and they were serving several appetizers. In that variety of appetizers, they were serving this fantastic Black Bean Dip! Oh my goodness, I ate so much of this dip at the class I could barely stop myself to go teach! I asked my friend Cindi where she got this recipe and she told me she and her friend have been serving this dish for years and it came from a church potluck years ago. Of course it did! Recipes that come from church potlucks are the absolute best!!
This Black Bean dip is full of flavor and only contains 8 simple ingredients! This recipe is really fast to throw together and it keeps really well in your refrigerator! I love to serve this dip as an appetizer or as a topper to my tacos, burritos, fajitas and enchiladas! It’s super versatile and really compliments anything you eat it with!
Let’s talk about the ingredients in this Black Bean Dip recipe. You are going to use fresh plum tomatoes, black beans, scallions, parsley, lime juice, olive oil, salt and chipotle chilis in adobo sauce. All of these simple ingredients can be found at your local grocery store. You can find the can of chipotle chilis in adobo sauce in the Mexican food isle. You will simply chop some of the ingredients, combine all the ingredients together to mix well and you are done! It’s ready to serve and it takes no time at all to prepare this fantastic dip!
And look – this Black Bean Dip fits perfectly in a chip! Just look at it! I think that’s my favorite way to eat this dip…with crunchy corn tortilla chips! This dip is also gluten free so everyone can enjoy! The next time you are looking for a simple recipe to make that pairs well any Mexican Dish, you’ll want to make this one! You’re guaranteed to love this one and it will be a repeat recipe for all to enjoy! Happy Eats!
- 1 cup tomatoes plum, seeded and diced
- 1 cup canned black beans rinsed
- 2 Tablespoons scallions chopped
- 1 Tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 Tablespoon fresh squeezed lime juice
- 11/2 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon chipotle chili peppers in adobo sauce, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- On a cutting board, finely chop the tomatoes and remove the seeds. Place chopped tomatoes in a big mixing bowl.
- Rinse the black beans and add 1 cup of black beans to the mixing bowl with the tomatoes.
- Finely chop 1 chipotle chili peppers and add to mixing bowl.
- Add in the scallions, cilantro, lime juice, olive oil, and salt into the mixing bowl that contains the chilis, tomatoes and black beans.
- Mix well, adding more salt if needed per your personal taste and serve immediately.
Other Yummy Dips!