I found a fabulous chicken recipe this past weekend and I just have to share it! This one is a Greek Marinated Chicken made with chicken thighs and legs. This one comes from “Budget Bytes”. I really appreciate the information they place on the site. They give a lot of information about balancing your budget and still having the ability to eat well. That’s right up my alley, but so is a good recipe for chicken! I am always looking for different ways to make chicken!
This Greek Marinated Chicken recipe grabbed my attention because they posted a picture with the chicken marinating in a white creamy sauce. When I looked at the ingredients, I saw it was made from plain Greek yogurt! YEAH for a healthy marinade high in protein! One of the keys to loosing weight and staying lean is to increase your protein! Chicken thighs and legs are a dark meat and have a little more fat than breasts, but your body needs good fat. I’m a huge fan of thighs and legs!
This one is really easy to make. You do need to let your chicken marinate for at least 30 minutes, but sometimes I let it marinate overnight. This one is gluten free and can be baked in the oven or grilled. Personally, I like this one on the grill! This one has a wonderful garlic and lemon taste and was a huge hit tonight in my house! This will easily become one of your family’s favorites!
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/2 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 medium lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley
- 4lbs chicken pieces (I chose thighs and legs)
- To make the marinade, combine the yogurt, olive oil, minced garlic, oregano, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Use a cheese grater or zester to scrape a thin later of lemon zest from the lemon skin into the bowl.
- Add the juice from half the lemon. Stir until the ingredients are well combined.
- Clean and then chop about 1/4 cup of fresh parsley and add to the bowl and mix well with the marinade.
- Grab a gallon sized zip top bag and add the chicken pieces and marinade to the bag. Move the chicken around to ensure each piece is well coated.
- Refrigerate the bag for about 30 minutes.
- After marinating, you can choose to grill the chicken or bake in the oven. If you bake in the oven, preheat oven to 375 and bake for about 40 to 60 minutes to ensure done.
- I chose to grill the chicken and grilled for a total of 35 minutes.
- Ensure your chicken is cooked fully through and it is then ready to serve.
- Recipe source: inspired by Budget Bytes