My husband hates seafood. Me and my kiddos LOVE salmon and other seafood dishes but we never get to enjoy it unless hubby is traveling. Well guess what? We got to enjoy it here tonight! My good friend Heather made this salmon dish for me and I just had to get the recipe from her. I’m so glad she shared it!!
This would be a great recipe for a special occasion. Whether it’s a date night for you and your loved one or you are having people over, this one would be perfect!
Tonight I’m giving you 2 recipes on this 1 blog because this rice recipe went well with the salmon. I paired this up with my Roasted Vegetables, but a salad would go great with this, as well! I also chose a Riesling wine and it all paired nicely together.
Both dishes are gluten free (read your labels…make sure your vegetable broth is gluten free). And always use fresh ingredients if you can. It makes a WORLD of difference!
Hope you enjoy!
Salmon Fillets in Dill-Pepperoncini Cream Sauce
4 salmon filets, skinned
1 T Canola Oil
1 Shallot, finely chopped
3 Pepperoncini, seeded and minced
2 Cups half and half
1 T flat leaf parsley, chopped
2 T fresh dill, chopped
4 lemon wedges
- Pat salmon dry and season with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over moderately high heat until hot but not smoking. Cook salmon, turning once, until just cooked through (about 7 minutes).
- Transfer salmon to a platter.
- Cook shallot in a skillet over moderate heat, stirring until softened.
- Stir in pepperoncini, half and half, parsley and 1 T off dill.
- Simmer until sauce is slightly thickened, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in remaining dill and salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour sauce over salmon and serve with lemon wedges
Savory Mushroom Rice
1tsp Olive Oil
4 cups sliced mixed mushrooms (including baby bella, shiitake, oyster)
1/2 cup low-sodium vegetable broth
4 cups trimmed thinly sliced kale (optional)
1/4 cup Golden Raisins
2tsp chopped fresh thyme
4 cups cooked brown rice
1/4 cup reduced-fat feta (optional)
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat about 1 minute. Add mushrooms; sauté 2 minutes. Add broth and kale; cook and stir 3 minutes or just until kale wilts.
- Stir in raisins and thyme. Season with pepper to taste.
- Spoon rice evenly into 4 serving bowls. Top evenly with mushroom mixture and (if desired) feta cheese. Ready to serve.