Planning ahead for your weekly meals not only saves you time, but it saves your sanity. After the day my family had on Friday, I need my sanity. My son had an emergency that landed us in the ER at the children’s hospital and it was such a traumatic day. He’s ok, but this week is going to be all about what I have time to make because I need to make sure my 7 year old is on the road to staying well. And that means putting really good, simple, savory and satisfying food on the table for my family.
Since life is happening with us as we speak, I am relying on some of my all time favorite food blogger’s recipes this week. I love that every single one of these dishes contains everything you need nutritionally so you don’t have to worry about making additional side dishes. Here’s a breakdown of how these food bloggers are helping my family out this week:
- Jaclyn over at Cooking Classy never fails me…every single recipe I’ve made of hers is fantastic. And I needed fast meals this week so her Shrimp Avocado Taco Salad hits home. The recipes take me about 20 minutes to make.
- Cast Iron Cookie has one of my favorite Chicken Mushroom Casserole recipes that is over the top in flavor. Start to finish, I can get this recipe done in about 35 minutes.
- Viktoria over at Viktoria’s Table has these ground turkey lettuce wraps and they are super quick and healthy for any weeknight meal. These wraps are loaded with vegetables, warm spices and are topped with crunchy peanuts, fresh cilantro and creamy avocado.
- Karina over at Cafe Delites has a Sheet Pan Chili Lime Salmon dish that is crazy healthy and full of flavor. SImple to throw together and about 30 minutes to put this one on the table.
- And finally, because my little love doesn’t feel fantastic, I’m making him my Cheesy Macaroni Tuna Salad because it’s one of his favorites.
As always, each meal featured is gluten free. Note that I have a gluten free alternative on the Cheesy Macaroni Tuna Salad! You’d never know that casserole was gluten free! Have a good Easter my friends and a great week. Here’s to a week full of healing here at the Mason Manor.
5 Easy Dinners
- Monday: Cheesy Macaroni Tuna Salad
- Tuesday: Shrimp Avocado Taco Salad
- Wednesday: Chicken Mushroom Casserole
- Thursday: Ground Turkey Lettuce Wraps
- Friday: Sheet Pan Chili Lime Salmon
Recipe and photo credit goes to Recipes Worth Repeating
Recipe and photo credit goes to Cooking Classy
Recipe and photo credit goes to Cast Iron Cookie
Recipe and photo credit goes to Viktoria’s Table
Recipe and photo credit goes to Cafe Delites