We are rolling into a new week starting tomorrow and it’s menu planning time! My family has been at Disneyland for the past 4 days with my daughter. She had the opportunity to dance onstage at Disneyland with her dance studio! OMG – such an AMAZING experience ya’ll…I swear she was on cloud 9!! But it’s inevitable…when on vacation, we don’t eat the healthiest. About 2 days in, I started craving some homemade healthier foods! So on the way home (we drove) I had plenty of time to put together the meal plan for this week! I asked my kiddos what they wanted to eat and and my son said, “Winner Winner Chicken Dinners!” So there you go guys…we are focusing on 5 chicken dinners this week!
Here’s what we are looking at this week:
- Apricot & Rosemary Chicken – I love this recipe because it’s simple. Thank you Preppy Kitchen for simple ingredients. That’s all you need sometimes! Serve this simple classic over a bed of rice or couscous and you are set!
- Baked Chicken Skewers – You don’t have to grill these! These skewers use a tandoori sauce, which I just love! Lord Byron’s Kitchen made this recipe super simple! Serve this one with rice and a salad!
- Cider Glazed Chicken – Let’s talk about this one for a minute. If you are gluten free, you’re going to need to make 2 simple adjustments for this meal. This chicken has a cider glaze and not all ciders are gluten free. If you are looking for a good gluten free cider, check out these 12 Refreshing Gluten Free Beers and Ciders that Actually Taste Good. That’s the first adjustment. The next adjustment is the bread. This recipe calls for a sourdough bread cubes. So you’ll want to substitute it out with your favorite gluten free bread. If you want to make a gluten free bread and cube it yourself, I love this Gluten Free Sourdough Bread recipe from Gluten-Free and More. Or, leave out the bread! Your call! Foodie Girl Chicago does a great job with this recipe! Super unique and I love it!
- Grilled Chicken Thighs with Chimichurri Sauce – Again, another super simple recipe! Yay! For Food brings to us a healthy and flavorful grilled chicken breast with a chimichurri sauce! Have you had chimichurri sauce before? It’s packed full of only the freshest ingredients and it’s delish!
- Sauteed Chicken in Mustard Cream Sauce – This recipe is mine here from Recipes Worth Repeating and it’s absolutely a winner winner chicken dinner! Wondering what “winner winner chicken dinner” even means? Apparently, years ago every casino in Las Vegas had a three-piece chicken dinner with a potato and a veggie for $1.79. A standard bet back then was $2…so when you won a bet you had enough for a chicken dinner! When someone one, they would shout out Winner Winner Chicken Dinner! This dish is so tasty, I guarantee you’ll be shouting that same phrase out, too!
So yummy this week, guys!! Enjoy!
5 Easy Dinners
- Monday: Apricot & Rosemary Chicken
- Tuesday: Baked Chicken Skewers
- Wednesday: Cider Glazed Chicken
- Thursday: Grilled Chicken Thighs with Chimichurri Sauce
- Friday: Sauteed Chicken in Mustard Cream Sauce
Looking for some amazing side dishes for some of these mains above, check these out!
- Ono Rice
- Slow-Cooker Herb Roasted Garlic Potatoes
- Grilled Corn with Fresh Lime and Cotija Cheese
- Cauliflower, Cashew and Pea Salad
- Oven Roasted Vegetables
Recipe and photo credit goes to Preppy Kitchen
Recipe and photo credit goes to Lord Byron’s Kitchen
Recipe and photo credit goes to Foodie Girl Chicago
Recipe and photo credit goes to Yay! For Food