This week’s meal plan is going to focus on Southern Dinners. But I have to tell you…I’m getting ready to switch it up a little bit on my weekly meal plans here at Recipes Worth Repeating. My meal plans have really evolved over time. I first started the meal plan posts only using my recipes. Then, I started incorporating other food blogger’s fantastic recipes to spice it up a bit. Variety is good and all my meal plans are gluten free….that’s key! And then I started theming my weekly meal plans. That has been a lot of fun…let me tell you and still…all gluten free! I now have a total of 240 meal plan ideas on website here at Recipes Worth Repeating! Lots to choose from!
Don’t get me wrong…I’m not going to completely stop doing my meal plans because I need them as much as you guys do. But I’ve decided that I’m not going to post a new meal plan every single week. It’s a lot of work and crazy time consuming and I really want to start focusing on my Photography/Travel section of Recipes Worth Repeating. But, when I do put together a meal plan and post it I’m going to keep it themed…it’s just not going to be every week.
This week’s meal plan theme is “Gluten Free Southern Dinners”. I just got back from visiting my friends and family in Tennessee and oh my goodness the food was so delish…like unreal delish. I miss eating southern food so I’m going to extend my trip here in my kitchen and enjoy another week of southern yumminess! And with that…here’s what we are looking at this week:
- Gluten-Free Free Country Fried Steak – Nothing screams southern food like Country Fried Steak! I love that this recipe is gluten free! Shout out from Ray of Bliss for this delicious meal! Pair this dish with this gluten-free Fried Okra from Sweet T Makes Three!
- Southern Style Pot Roast – This is one amazingly delish southern style pot roast recipe from me, right here at Recipes Worth Repeating! This one pairs perfectly with my Homemade Mashed Potatoes!
- Creole Black Beans ‘N’ Sausage Recipe – Louisiana is in the south ya’ll and we’re having creole this week for dinner! This dish from Cheryl Landers is full of vegetables, black beans, rice and sausage! It’s a delicious meal that the entire family will love!
- Spicy Southern Chickpeas and Grits – Grits are a part of the south…period. I grew up on grits. Grits are just coarse ground corn kernels boiled with water or milk. Simple. This is a slow cooker recipe from Healthy Slow Cooking and you’re going to love the convenience!
- Southern-Style BBQ Chicken – When I think of good southern food, I think of BBQ. This Southern Style BBQ Chicken from Celiac.com reminds me of summer time in Tennessee. We used to make BBQ chicken all the time! Pair this dish with my Steamed Cabbage and Okra and you’ve got yourself a very traditional southern meal!
That’s it ya’ll! Enjoy this week’s meal plan!
5 Easy Dinners
- Monday – Gluten-Free Free Country Fried Steak
- Tuesday – Southern Style Pot Roast
- Wednesday – Creole Black Beans ‘N’ Sausage Recipe
- Thursday – Spicy Southern Chickpeas and Grits
- Friday – Southern-Style BBQ Chicken
Recipe and photo credit goes to: Ray of Bliss
Recipe and photo credit goes to: Recipes Worth Repeating
Recipe and photo credit goes to: Cheryl Landers
Recipe and photo credit goes to: Healthy Slow Cooking
Recipe and photo credit goes to: Celiac.com
Pin this week’s meal plan to your favorite DINNER board on PINTEREST!!