I love salads! I could eat a salad every single day and be just fine! I found this salad years ago and made it here recently. I forgot how good this one is! It’s great as a salad for lunch or as a salad with your dinner. The fresh pear with the lemon juice in this salad brings out a nice crisp taste and makes this salad refreshing. The goat cheese is really soft and when you take a bit with the walnuts, you get this fantastic roasted nut and cheese flavor. If you have this salad with dinner, it pairs well with a Sauvignon Blanc. Before you add the walnuts, make sure you toast them because it gives this salad a roasted nutty taste. Delicious!
And yes…this one is Gluten free! If you want to add a kick of protein, add some grilled chicken on op of this salad!
- 1/3 cup walnuts
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 head green leaf lettuce, torn into bite size pieces (6 cups loosely packed)
- 1/2 pear (I prefer Bosc) cored and thinly sliced
- 3 ounces plain reduced-fat soft goat cheese
- Salt and fresh ground pepper
- Recipe source: inspired by South Beach Diet