Making the family meal plan on the weekends brings me peace of mind as I start thinking about recipes for the upcoming week. But it can be a lot of work and a little overwhelming to pull everything together. I strive to bring variety each week so we are not eating the same things over and over again. Meal planning is collaborative in our house. I ask my kiddos and hubby what they want to eat each Saturday when I meal plan and they always throw out some amazing recipes! My kids like to get on pinterest and pick out recipes they want me to make for dinner. On the night of the dinner they picked, it’s so fun to see their smiling faces walk into the kitchen and say, “Hey…are you cooking the dinner I picked out tonight?”. Take a look at the hand picked dinners from my 2 kids and my husband:
- My daughter picked the Parmesan Crusted Tilapia with Italian Oven Roasted Vegetables from Taste and Tell and The Mediterranean Dish. She’s 9 years old and while she loves her pasta and her carbs, she also loves to eat healthy. The child loves tilapia…I mean LOVES it!
- My husband chose the Slow Cooker Enchilada Quinoa from Two Peas and their Pod because even though Mother’s Day is/was Sunday, he wants me to take it easy on the night I make his dinner. Awe! I love him so!
- My son chose this One-Pot Chicken Bacon Alfredo Pasta from Good Cook. He said this one was a “winner winner chicken dinner pasta night” for all of us!
- I let my husband choose again because he saw this Chicken with 40 Cloves of Garlic from Jo Cooks on Facebook and said we HAVE to try this! He loves garlic! I chose to serve it over rice and pair it with a Triple Berry Spinach Salad from Chelsea’s Messy Apron.
As always, these recipes are gluten free. For the pasta dish, just substitute regular fettuccini for a gluten free version and you’re golden! Have fun eating this week!
2 Kids and a Husband
5 Easy Dinners
- Tuesday: Slow Cooker Enchilada Quinoa
- Wednesday: One-Pot Chicken Bacon Alfredo Pasta
- Thursday: Chicken with 40 Cloves of Garlic served over Basmati Rice with a Triple Berry Spinach Salad
- Friday: Leftovers….yep that’s right, eat the leftovers! Or, order a pizza…your call. Happy Friday!
Recipe and photo credit goes to Taste and Tell
Recipe and photo credit goes to The Mediterranean Dish
Recipe and photo credit goes to Two Peas and their Pod
Recipe and photo credit goes to Good Cook.
Recipe and photo credit goes to Jo Cooks
Recipe and photo credit goes to Chelsea’s Messy Apron