You’ve heard the phrase “Meatless Monday”, right? (Who came up with Meatless Monday anyway?) It came about with this simple intention, “Once a week, cut the meat.” Well, I’m going to take this week’s meal plan and take it from a “Meatless Monday” and turn it into “Meatless Meals”!
That’s right, this week I’m focusing on meatless meals! I’m a huge fan of protein…I mean HUGE fan. My daily intake of protein is about 160 grams, but I lift a lot so I need the protein for muscle growth. But there are times when I just want a bit of a break from all the meat based protein.
So this week I’ve decided to focus on 5 meals that are meatless. A lot of these dishes below contain kale, quinoa and lentils. I intentionally included recipes in this week’s meal plan that have high protein ingredients. Protein is a must with me, but you don’t always have to get it from meat! And these recipes are all gluten free!
And without further ado, here’s what we are looking at this week:
- Instant Pot Cheesy Southwestern Lentils & Brown Rice – Erin over at Platings & Pairings brings you the perfect “Meatless Monday” meal! This is a vegetarian dish and super fast to get on the table. Love that instant pot!!
- Creamy Vegan Lemon Pasta with Fresh Peas and Spinach – I found this beautiful dish from Abra’s Kitchen. This pasta dish is perfect for summer! It’s super fast to make, it’s light and full of veggies and it’s meatless! If you’re gluten free, make sure you use a gluten free noodle in this recipe! Such a beautiful dish…it’s almost too pretty to eat (almost)!
- Greek Kale and Quinoa Salad paired with Kale and Leek Soup – This meal is packed FULL of nutrients! Here at Recipes Worth Repeating we not only bring the flavor (these two dishes are DELISH) but we bring forth the nutrition. This one is a super tasty and healthy meatless meal! Note the broth in this soup can be made with vegetable stock if you want to stay away from chicken stock!
- Kale & Quinoa Patties – Kale is the theme this week guys! Kale is a superfood because it’s a powerhouse of nutrients. It’s an antioxidant, has anti-cancer effects and great for the urinary tract. So eat it up! B.Britnell brings you an amazing meatless meal with these patties! If you are gluten free, use a gluten free breadcrumb.
- Baked Sweet & Sour Cauliflower – Creme de la Crumb brings a nice twist to this traditional “sweet and sour” dish. This one is meatless! Who would have thought to use cauliflower instead of pork or chicken? Ya’ll….it’s so yummy!
5 Easy Dinners
- Monday –Instant Pot Cheesy Southwestern Lentils & Brown Rice
- Tuesday – Creamy Vegan Lemon Pasta with Fresh Peas and Spinach
- Wednesday – Greek Kale and Quinoa Salad paired with Kale and Leek Soup
- Thursday – Kale & Quinoa Patties
- Friday – Baked Sweet & Sour Cauliflower
Recipe and photo credit goes to: Platings & Pairings
Recipe and photo credit goes to: Abra’s Kitchen
Recipe and photo credit goes to: Recipes Worth Repeating
Recipe and photo credit goes to: B.Britnell
Recipe and photo credit goes to: Creme de la Crumb
Save this MEATLESS MEALS to your favorite PINTEREST Board!!
NOTE: You will find affiliate links on this page. The price you pay as a consumer does not change, but I may make a small commission based on your purchase! Thank you for supporting Recipes Worth Repeating!