I don’t know about you but I’ve been thinking about summer dinners for hot days. I need some easy summer recipes! Guys, it’s officially summertime! The kids are done with school and home for summer break! I don’t know about you, but I feel like the kids are CONSTANTLY eating when they are home for summer break! I’m that mom who strives to have healthy food in the fridge and pantry so they can grab something healthy and filling and carry on with playing. With it being so hot outside (I’m in the desert in Arizona), I often ask myself what are some good summer dinners for hot days? What’s some good ideas for summer dinners when it’s hot?
Since it’s so hot outside, I want “lighter” dinners this week that aren’t so heavy. Thanks to some amazing food bloggers, I’m sharing with you 5 summer dinners to make when it’s hot!
- Grilled Lime Salmon with Avocado-Mango Salsa and Coconut Rice – Cooking Classy nailed this recipe, oh my goodness, it’s amazing! This salmon is screaming summertime recipe with this avocado-mangle salsa. Serve it on a bed of coconut rice and it makes for the perfect summer dinner when it’s hot outside!
- 20 Minute Lemon Broccoli Pasta Skillet – this vegetarian meal is super quick to make and perfect for those busy summer nights. I love a good light pasta and this one is screaming summer with the fresh lemon juice and lightly cooked broccoli! Want some protein? Just add some grilled chicken or shrimp and you are set! This fabulous recipe comes to you from The Food Charlatan!
- Chicken Salad – What makes chicken salad good? Well let me just answer that question right now! My recipe right here from Recipes Worth Repeating is the best chicken salad recipe I’ve ever had. The simple crunch of the celery mixed with the juice of the crisp summer grapes brings this chicken salad recipe to life! Wondering what accompanies chicken salad? I love serving chicken salad on a bed of mixed greens or in a sandwich! It also pairs beautifully with a bowl of soup! Looking for a light soup, check out my Avgolemono Soup!
- 15 Minute Avocado Caprese Chicken Salad with Balsamic Vinaigrette – Joyful Healthy Eats sold me on this recipe with the 15 minutes part. Then she sold me on Caprese Chicken Salad. This is the perfect summer dinner for when it’s hot. Sometimes, I even eat the chicken chilled!
- Let’s end the week with a Grilled Teriyaki Chicken Sandwich! The teriyaki and pineapple on this grilled chicken sandwich provides you with a light dinner. If you are gluten free, use a gluten free bun OR so what I do and wrap it in lettuce or just cut it into bite size pieces! Jamie Cooks It Up…excellent recipe!
There you have it! You’ve got 5 summer dinners for hot days! If you’re gluten free, make sure to use a gluten free noodle for the pasta recipe above and remember the tips for the Teriyaki Chicken Sandwich! Happy eats guys and stay cool!
5 Easy Dinners
- Monday – Grilled Lime Salmon with Avocado-Mango Salsa and Coconut Rice
- Tuesday – 20 Minute Lemon Broccoli Pasta Skillet
- Wednesday – Chicken Salad
- Thursday – 15 Minute Avocado Caprese Chicken Salad with Balsamic Vinaigrette
- Friday – Grilled Teriyaki Chicken Sandwich
Recipe and photo credit goes to Cooking Classy
Recipe and photo credit goes to The Food Charlatan
Recipe and photo credit goes to Recipes Worth Repeating
Recipe and photo credit goes to Joyful Healthy Eats
Recipe and photo credit goes to Jamie Cooks It Up