Vegetable Beef Soup
Hearty, and delicious, this Vegetable Beef Soup is comforting and a super EASY soup to make. Full of nutrition and naturally gluten free, this homemade soup is perfect for any season!
Servings: 12 people
- 2 lb beef stew meat
- 46 ounce can of tomato juice
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 Tablespoons chili powder
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 bags frozen mixed vegetables
- 3-4 new red potatoes, cubed (optional)
- 1 cup carrots, chopped
- ¾ cup celery, chopped
Combine the meat, tomato juice, onion and seasonings above and 6 cups of water in a large pot.
Cook on medium low for 2 hours.
Add another 2 cups of water to the soup.
Add the all the vegetables and cook for 1 additional hour on medium low heat.
Serve immediately and store leftovers in the refrigerator.
- This soup is freezer friendly. After the soup cooks and cools, pour into freezer Ziplock bags and lay flat in the freezer. Write the date on the bag. This will keep in the freezer for up to 6 months.
- Any leftovers will keep in an airtight container for 3-5 days in the refrigerator.
Calories: 191kcal | Carbohydrates: 19g | Protein: 20g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 46mg | Sodium: 1015mg | Potassium: 916mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 2450IU | Vitamin C: 16.2mg | Calcium: 70mg | Iron: 3.7mg