Air Fryer Pecan-Crusted Chicken Tenders
Air Fryer Chicken Tenders cook up so crispy without deep frying. Made with a pecan, parmesan cheese crust and gluten free breadcrumb crust, these chicken tenders are great for lunch, dinner, or an appetizer!
Servings: 4 people
- 8 chicken tender breasts
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 2 Tablsepoons whole grain mustard
- ½ cup pecans, finely chopped
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs, gluten free or regular
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese, finely grated
- 2. Tablespoons parsley, finely chopped
- pinch salt
- pinch pepper
Rinse the chicken and pat dry. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
In a bowl, stir together the mayonnaise and mustard.
In a separate shallow bowl, combine the pecans, breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese and parsley.
Take a pair of tongs and coat each chicken tender in the mayonnaise mixture and then roll it in the crumb mixture to thoroughly coat.
When all the tenders are breaded, power on the air fryer and set it to the chicken setting. You'll see the chicken setting defaults to 360 degrees Fahrenheit.
Once it's on the chicken setting, the menu is going to switch from 360 degrees Farenheit to 20 minutes. This is how long it will take to cook the tenders.
Once done, the timer will go off. Pull the handle and pull out the pan.
Serve immediately with your favorite dipping sauces.
- I know a lot of people spray their fryer with cooking spray, but I've never had an issue with these sticking to the bottom of the pan. So there is no need to spray with cooking spray.
- There’s no need to preheat the fryer. Just turn it on and let it do it's thing!
- You can make a gluten free version of these tenders by using a gluten free breadcrumb. My favorite brand is Ian's Gluten Free Breadcrumbs. If you're not gluten free, use your favorite breadcrumb.
- To reheat these tenders, you can warm them in the microwave for 30 seconds or reheat them in the oven. If you want to reheat these in the air fryer, set the temperature to 360 degrees for 7 minutes until heated through and crispy.
- My favorite brand of whole grain mustard is Maille Old Style Grain Dijon Mustard. My friend brought me a jar back from France and I've been a loyal fan ever since.
Calories: 483kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 27g | Fat: 35g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 80mg | Sodium: 510mg | Potassium: 466mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 265IU | Vitamin C: 3.9mg | Calcium: 119mg | Iron: 1.7mg