Air Fryer French Fries
Crispy and delicious, these french fries are EASY to make in the air fryer! You can have better than restaurant french fries in your home in less than 30 minutes.
Servings: 8 people
- 1 Tablespoon Avocado oil
- ½ teaspoon Paprika
- 1 teaspoon Seasoning salt
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon ground pepper
- 4 Idaho potatoes, peeled and rinsed
Fresh Cut French Fries
Peel the potatoes and then cut the potato lengthwise into ¼ ro ½ inch slices.
Rinse the cut potatoes well in a colander. Take the cut potatoes and add them to a gallon sized Ziplock bag.
Add the Avocado oil and all the seasonings. Zip the bag and shake well, just enough so that the potatoes are evenly coated.
Dump the seasoned cut potatoes in pan. Spread evenly.
Manually set the air fryer to 390 degrees fahrenheit. Manually set the timer for 18 minutes then press start.
During the cooking process, open the pan and stir the fries around 2-3 times.
Once done, let the french fries sit for 5 minutes before serving. Top with fresh parsley and fresh grated Parmesan cheese.
Frozen French Fries
Set the temperature to 400 degrees fahrenheit.
Place the frozen fries in pan and spread them out evenly.
Air fry the potatoes for 15 minutes. Halfway through cooking, shake the pan and turn the fries.
Cook for additional 1-2 minutes to crisp up, if needed.
- Oil - The type of oil you use does matter. I use Avocado oil because it does extremely well in high heat. Only use 1 Tablespoon. You just don't need a lot.
- Soaking Potatoes - I've done both methods...soaked the cut potatoes in water for 30 minutes before air frying and just rinsing them really well. To be honest, I can't tell a difference. So if you're in a hurry, rinse them well. If you want to soak them before air frying, then do it.
- Cooking Time - You can adjust the cooking time based on the texture you're looking for in your french fries. Some people like them done at 14 minutes. I like them done at 18 minutes. My husband likes them done at the 20 minute mark.
- Reheated French Fries - I don't recommend this. I tried reheating some leftovers fries the next day and they were not so great.
Calories: 100kcal | Carbohydrates: 19g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 1g | Sodium: 296mg | Potassium: 444mg | Fiber: 1g | Vitamin A: 60IU | Vitamin C: 6.1mg | Calcium: 14mg | Iron: 0.9mg