One Pan Garlic Baked Chicken with Mozzarella
One Pan Garlic Baked Chicken is a family favorite perfect for any weeknight dinner. Covered in a balsamic sauce and topped with mozzarella cheese, this tender chicken recipe is full of flavor and is quick and easy to make!
Servings: 4 people
One Pan Balsamic Sauce
- 1 cup brussel sprouts, halved
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 Tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano, dried
- 1/4 teaspoon basil, dried
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme, dried
- 1.5 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- fresh basil, to top
Preheat the oven to 350F.
Add all the Garlic Chicken Marinade ingredients to a gallon size Ziplock bag. Seal the bag and shake until all ingredients are well combined.
Place Ziplock bag in the refrigerator for 10-15 minutes while you prep the One Pan Balsamic Sauce.
One Pan Balsamic Sauce
Add all the One Pan Balsamic Sauce ingredients to a 9x13 oven safe dish, except the mozzarella cheese. Stir with a spoon to combine all the ingredients.
Make sure the one pan ingredients are spread evenly. Remove the chicken from the Ziplock bag and place in the center so that the chicken is on top of and in the center of the vegetables and sauce.
Bake uncovered for 30 minutes, until the chicken is completely cooked through and the internal temperature is 165F.
Pull the pan out of the oven and add the shredded mozzarella cheese. Set the oven to broil and broil long enough for the cheese to melt and start to turn brown.
Top with shredded fresh basil and serve.
- The longer you marinate the chicken, the more flavorful it will be. I recommend marinating the chicken overnight.
- If you have a flavored olive oil, definately use it in this recipe! It helps intensify the flavor.
- Same thing with the balsamic vinegar. I've used a raspberry flavored vinegar and it was amazing.
- If you're looking to substitute out the brussels sprouts, baby or sliced zucchini is amazing with this dish!
Calories: 386kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 34g | Fat: 21g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Cholesterol: 120mg | Sodium: 552mg | Potassium: 651mg | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 855IU | Vitamin C: 20.7mg | Calcium: 248mg | Iron: 1.5mg