Air Fryer Chicken Thighs
The most amazing air fryer chicken recipe! These crispy thighs are easy to prep and done in 20 minutes. Juicy and delicious, this recipe uses no oil, no flour, and are gluten free.
Servings: 5 people
- 5 chicken thighs, boneless and skinless
- ½ cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon cumin, ground
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 Tablespoons fresh chopped parsley, for garnish (optional)
Using a gallon size plastic bag, place all the chicken seasonings and the thighs in the bag. Shake the bag until each piece is well coated. NOTE: A lot of people don't like using plastic bags and prefer to use a bowl. I've found that if you use a large bowl with a lid, you can shake the bowl and it coated the meat really well.
Next, place each piece of meat side-by-side in the basket. It's ok if the meat touches, but it should not overlap.
If your air fryer has a chicken preset, select that option. The screen will display 20 minutes. Press the start button.NOTE: If yours doesn't have that preset, set it to 360°F and let it cook for 20 minutes or until the meat has reached an internal temperature of 165°F.
When done, open the basket and let the chicken rest for 5 minutes before serving.
Oven Baked Instructions
- Preheat your oven to 400°F.
- Combine the breadcrumbs and spices in a plastic bag or bowl.
- Place each piece of chicken in the bag or bowl and shake until the mixture is covering each piece.
- Using tongs, place each piece on a baking sheet or pyrex dish and bake for 20 minutes.
- Open the oven and turn over each piece. Continue baking for 20 more minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 165°F.
Expert Tips and FAQs
- Some Air Fryers Cook Differently Than Others - I've heard from many of my readers that some brands and versions cook faster than others. When making chicken, my recommendation is to start checking the internal temperature of the chicken when it has air fried for 18 minutes to see if the meat has reached 165°F. You're not going to disrupt the cooking by opening the basket and checking.
- Mine does not have the chicken option. What temperature should I use and how long should it cook? For boneless skinless chicken thighs, set the temperature to 360°F for 20 minutes or until the chicken has reached a temperature of 165°F.
- Can I use chicken breasts or drumsticks to make this recipe? I haven't made this recipe using chicken breasts. They won't be as juicy as thighs because breasts have less fat. Drumsticks are absolutely delicious, especially with this recipe.
- Should I rinse the meat before I bread them with the chicken seasoning? Anytime you rinse raw chicken, you run the risk of spreading bacteria. So no, you don't have to but you can if you want. I've done it before and the added moisture helps the panko seasoning stick better.
- Should I turn the thighs over? It will cooks evenly through the entire process, but I've found that if you shake the contents in the basket about half way through cooking, it helps the chicken crisp even more.
Calories: 276kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 19g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 111mg | Sodium: 604mg | Potassium: 267mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 405IU | Calcium: 24mg | Iron: 1.6mg