Romaine Salad with Vinaigrette Dressing
Looking for an easy and delicious romaine lettuce salad recipe? This tossed salad is a crowd pleaser and is made with creamy Havarti cheese and crisp bacon. Tossed in a rich vinaigrette dressing, this salad is a perfect blend of sweet, savory, and crunchy goodness. You’ll love every bite!
- 2 heads Romaine lettuce
- ½ wedge Havarti cheese, crumbled
- 1 package bacon, pork or turkey
- ¼ cup sunflower seeds, unsalted
- ¼ cup dried cranberries
Homemade Salad Dressing Ingredients
- 1.5 cup Canola oil
- 1 cup white wine vinegar
- 10 Tablespoons sugar
- 1 Tablespoon salt
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
Homemade Salad Dressing
Combine the Canola oil, white wine vinegar, sugar, salt, and garlic t in a large container that has a tight lid. Shake the vinaigrette well and chill in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours before serving.
Chop the romaine lettuce and place in a large boil.
Cook the bacon per package directions until crispy and cut into crumbles.
Add the Havarti cheese, sunflower seeds, and dried cranberries in the large bowl with the lettuce and mix to combine.
When the salad dressing has chilled, toss the salad with about ¼ cup of the dressing immediately before serving.
- You can make this ahead of time. Just don't add the dressing until you are ready to serve. The last thing you want is to bite into a soggy salad.
- You can use either turkey or pork bacon in this recipe. Both taste great. Have you ever cooked your bacon in the oven? If not, give it a try! It saves setting off the smoke detector and oil splatter burns. Check out this video on how to cook bacon in the oven: How to Bake Bacon in the Oven
- I love mixing different types of lettuce with this romaine salad. Spinach, arugula, and butter lettuce work well mixed in this lettuce salad. And if you like romaine hearts, add them in!
- Store any leftover dressing in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
Serving: 8people | Calories: 354kcal | Carbohydrates: 26g | Protein: 18g | Fat: 21g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 49mg | Sodium: 2019mg | Potassium: 621mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 19g | Vitamin A: 13630IU | Vitamin C: 6.7mg | Calcium: 63mg | Iron: 2.9mg