Creamed Spinach Recipe
The absolute best creamed spinach recipe that only requires 4 ingredients! This recipe is so easy to make. By using frozen spinach, you'll get a smooth and velvety creamed spinach that pairs perfectly as a side dish to any meal!
Servings: 6 people
- 2 Packages of Frozen Spinach
- 8 ounces Sour Cream
- 1 package Dry Onion Soup Mix
- ¼ cup Mozzarella Cheese, shredded
In a large pan, cook the frozen spinach according to package directions and then drain. Add the drained spinach back into the pan.
Mix together the cooked spinach, sour cream, and Dry Onion Soup Mix.
Mix well and add to an oven safe baking dish.
Top with shredded mozzarella cheese.
Bake for 20 minutes uncovered at 350°F. Serve immediately.
- Store any leftovers in a container with a lid and place in the refrigerator for 2-3 days.
- A lot of people ask if you can freeze this creamed spinach recipe. And the answer is yes! To freeze, all you need to do is follow steps 1-3 in the recipe card below, ensuring you let it completely cool. Store in a freezer-safe container or gallon Ziplock bag for up to 3 months. To thaw, remove the container from the freezer and place in the refrigerator. Once it has thawed, placed the creamed spinach in an oven safe dish and top with shredded mozzarella. Cook uncovered for 20 minutes.
- While this is amazing as a side dish, it also works really well as an appetizer.
- If you love a little bit of crunch, add some sliced water chestnuts. Artichoke hearts also taste amazing in this creamed spinach recipe.
Serving: 0.5cups | Calories: 115kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 23mg | Sodium: 823mg | Potassium: 122mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 306IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 79mg | Iron: 1mg