Best Crock-Pot French Dip Sandwich
French dip sandwiches paired with a mouthwatering au jus! These Crock-Pot French Dip Sandwiches are slow cooked and produce a tender and flavorful beef. By using chuck roast, you'll get a delicious, full of flavor sandwich.
Servings: 6 people
- 2-3 lb chuck roast
- 10.5 ounce can Beef Consommé
- 10.5 ounce can French Onion Soup
- 10.5 ounce can of Beef Broth
- 1 beef bouillon cube
- 6-8 french rolls
Put the chuck roast in a Crock-Pot.
Pour in the beef consommé, french onion soup, beef broth, and bouillon cube.
Place the lid on the Crock-Pot and cook on low for 8 to 10 hours.
Once done, remove the meat from the Crock-Pot and place in a large dish.
Shred the beef with two forks, making sure to discard any fat.
Take the French rolls and cut them down the middle lengthwise, ensuring you don't cut the roll in half.
Stuff each French roll with the shredded beef and dip in a bowl of au jus, which is the juice left over in the Crock-Pot.
- Use a 2-3 lb chuck roast for the best results.
- While you can buy chuck roast at your local grocery store, I typically purchase mine at either the butcher or at Costco. They has an amazing variety of good quality meats and they are not overly expensive. By using a good quality chuck roast, the roast beef will melt in your mouth. USDA prime is my favorite for this recipe.
- I use French loves for these sandwiches. For a smaller size sandwich, these are also really good on Hawaiian Sweet Rolls. You can also serve these on a hamburger bun.
- Slightly toast whatever bread you use before you add in the shredded beef. I preheat the oven to 300°F and let the bread toast for 5-7 minutes. If you're adding cheese, sprinkle it on and then toast in the oven again until the cheese is just starting to melt.
- This recipe was created as an easy method for making French Dip Sandwiches. While you can make your own beef broths, consommé, and french onion soup, using condensed soups for this recipe makes things quick, easy, and no-hassle.
Calories: 236kcal | Carbohydrates: 38g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 14mg | Sodium: 710mg | Potassium: 234mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 2g | Calcium: 37mg | Iron: 3mg