Shrimp Curry Recipe
This shrimp in curry sauce is a one-skillet recipe that’s easy to prepare and it adds an exotic flair to an evening meal. The spicy, slightly sweet curry sauce brings out the flavor of the tender shrimp.
Shrimp and Vegetables
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons green onions, sliced
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, sliced
- 3 ounces spinach , fresh
- 8 ounces shrimp,
- 15 ounces coconut milk, canned
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger, fresh-grated, pre-grated, or dry
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 Tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 Tablespoon coconut sugar, substitute brown sugar if needed
- 2 Tablespoons red curry paste, Thai Kitchen brand
- 1 Tablespoon lime juice, fresh-squeezed or bottled
- 1 teaspoon cumin ground
- 1 teaspoon coriander ground
- 1/4 teaspoon cardamom ground
If you plan to serve this over rice, get the rice going first.
Thaw out the shrimp according to package instructions or use fresh shrimp.
Slice the bell pepper and onions and set them aside.
Measure the spinach and set it aside.
Mix the sauce ingredients in a medium mixing bowl.
Add about a Tablespoon of olive or sunflower oil to a skillet and sauté the shrimp for about two minutes on each side.
Put the shrimp in a dish and set them aside while you sauté the bell peppers and onion for about 3-5 minutes.
Add the sauce mix to the skillet and stir it on medium heat until it just starts to bubble.
Add the shrimp and raw spinach and heat until the spinach is cooked - about three minutes.
Calories: 667kcal | Carbohydrates: 19g | Protein: 31g | Fat: 56g | Saturated Fat: 42g | Cholesterol: 286mg | Sodium: 1465mg | Potassium: 911mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 7576IU | Vitamin C: 71mg | Calcium: 275mg | Iron: 12mg