Mexican Chicken Casserole
This Mexican Chicken Casserole recipe is so easy to prepare! Layer up a casserole dish filled with tortilla chips layered with a Mexican chicken filling and cheese then throw it in the oven to bake. This tasty, mouth watering casserole will quickly become a family favorite!
Servings: 10 servings
- 2.5 cups cooked chicken breast cubes, 2 medium chicken breast
- 2 4 oz cans green chiles
- 1 15 oz can black beans, drained
- 1 15 oz can corn, drained
- 8 oz low fat cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups tortilla chips, crushed
- 16 oz salsa, divided
- 1.5 cups Mexican blend shredded cheese
Preheat oven to 400 F. Spray a 3 quart baking dish with cooking spray.
In a medium mixing bowl, combine the cooked chicken breast cubes, green chiles, black beans, corn, and softened cream cheese. Mix until combined. Set aside.
Begin assembling the casserole. Spread 1 cup of salsa evenly in the bottom of the prepared baking dish.
Layer crushed tortilla chips evenly on top of the salsa.
Spread the chicken mixture over the tortilla chips.
Layer with remainder of the salsa.
Cook for 25 minutes. Remove from oven, top with cheese. Cook for an additional 10 minutes.
Serve warm. Enjoy!
- Break the tortilla chips into pieces that are about ¾-1” diameter. Corn tortillas or flour tortillas can also be used in place of chips.
- It is important to spread salsa into the bottom of the casserole dish before adding the chips. This helps prevent the chips from burning to the bottom of the pan.
- The easiest way to crush chips is by placing them in a ziplock bag and crushing them with your hands. This is also a good way to use up the leftover broken chips in the bottom of a bag!
- For an easy dinner prep, assemble this casserole the night before, but wait to cook it. Prepare the casserole, place it in a dish, cover with foil, and refrigerate overnight. Let the dish sit out at room temperature for about 15 minutes before cooking.
Calories: 301kcal | Carbohydrates: 27g | Protein: 21g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 48mg | Sodium: 900mg | Potassium: 421mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 583IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 181mg | Iron: 1mg