Breakfast Egg Muffins
If you are looking for a Healthy Egg breakfast recipe, you must try these Healthy Breakfast Egg Muffins with Spinach, Cherry Tomatoes and Cheese! Packed with fresh veggies and two delicious cheeses, these delicious little egg cups baked in a muffin tin are perfect for a breakfast on the go or to pack into a lunchbox. And they are super easy to make ahead for meal-prep, and can be easily frozen!
Servings: 12 Egg Muffins
Egg Muffins Filling
- 2/3 cup Fresh Spinach, thinly chopped
- 1 Scallion, thinly chopped
- Fresh Basil, to taste
- 6 Cherry Tomatoes
- 1/4 cup Feta Cheese, cubed
- 1/3 cup Mozzarella Cheese, grated
Egg Muffins Filling
Rinse, dry, and thinly chop the spinach Leaves, scallion and fresh basil (see note 1 if using frozen spinach). Place in a mixing bowl.
Cut the cherry tomatoes and feta cheese into small cubes and add the the mixing bowl, along with the grated mozzarella cheese. Mix together and place at the bottom of the greased muffin tin.
In a separate bowl (or a measuring jug), whisk the Heavy Cream and sifted Cornstarch. Add the Eggs and whisk well until combined.
Mix in the salt, pepper, garlic powder and cumin powder.
Pour the egg mixture over the filling in the muffin tin. They will puff in the oven so don't overfill the tin.
Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, then leave to cool down at room temperature. Wait for the muffins to have cooled down before removing from the tin.
- If using frozen spinach, make sure it is thawed and well drained, as you do not want to add any water to the muffins.
- For spices, I used salt, pepper, cumin and garlic; but you can really use any spices you like.
- Try to keep the ratio of filling to egg mixture at 1:1. You need enough egg mixture to bind all of the ingredients together!
- Use the cornstarch to thicken the eggs. The cornstarch also helps create super fluffy egg muffins.
- Prepare the egg mixture directly in a measuring jug. It will be much easier to pour into the muffin tin!
- Make sure your oven is not too hot. Otherwise, the muffins will puff A LOT in the oven then collapse once you take them out.
- Leave these breakfast egg muffins to cool down inside the muffin tin before removing them; otherwise, they will deflate too quickly and potentially collapse.
Calories: 69kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 104mg | Sodium: 191mg | Potassium: 63mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 417IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 50mg | Iron: 1mg