Sous Vide Bacon
How would you like to wake up to the delicious smell of bacon?! Today, I'm going to show you how you can. Crisp and moist, you'll be able to cook bacon sous vide style in no time!
Servings: 6 people
Sous Vide Cooker
Sous Vide Container
- 1 lb pork bacon
- pinch smoked salt, (optional)
Preheat the sous vide machine to 142º. Then, transfer the bacon from the packaging to a sous vide bag. If you're planning to add the smoked salt, add it now. Vacuum seal the bag.
Next, you'll sous vide the bacon at 142ºF for 8 hours.
Once the bacon is done in the sous vide bath, transfer it to a paper towel lined cutting board. Pat bacon dry.
Heat a large skillet to medium-high heat and add the sous vide bacon.
Sear each side for about 30-60 seconds, until it gets crispy. Once done, transfer to a paper towel lined cutting board and serve.
- The bacon is officially cooked after the sous vide process.
- Keep in mind that the bacon will not be crispy right out of the sous vide bath. If you want that crispy tender bacon, sear it in a skillet or in a cast iron skillet.
- You don't want to sous vide the bacon in its original package because it contains a piece of plastic or cardboard and you don't want to cook that!
- It's ok if the bacon overlaps.
Calories: 315kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 30g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Cholesterol: 50mg | Sodium: 500mg | Potassium: 150mg | Vitamin A: 28IU | Calcium: 4mg | Iron: 1mg