Vegan Amaretto Chocolate Truffles Recipe
Chocolate truffles have never been so easy to make! With a hint of amaretto, these vegan truffles are both rich and creamy. So indulgent, these truffles are a chocolate lover's dream dessert!
For The Chocolate Coating
Chop and Mix The Chocolate
Boil The Coconut Whipping Cream
Place a small saucepan on the stove over medium-high heat. Pour 1 cup of coconut whipping cream into the saucepan. The coconut whipping cream needs to come to a low boil.It's really important that you stir the whipping cream to ensure it doesn't burn. When the cream is at a slow low, remove it from the heat.
Pour the hot liquid into the bowl containing the chopped chocolate and Cacao Bliss. Whisk until all the ingredients start to become well combined.
Next, add the almond extract and Amaretto.
Then, add the chopped butter to the bowl and continue to hand whisk until it has completely melted and all ingredients are well combined.
Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and place it in the refrigerator to chill and set for a minimum of 2-3 hours, up to overnight.
Melting Chocolate and The Dipping Process
Using a double broiler, heat 3 cups of water until it comes to a low boil.
Add an additional 1 cup of chopped chocolate to the dry part of the broiler and allow to melt while whisking the chocolate the entire time to ensure it does not burn.
Once the chocolate has melted and is smooth, grab a truffle ball and either using a fork or a candy dipper, move the ball around until it is completely covered in chocolate.
Once dipped, place the truffle ball back on the cookie sheet and parchment paper. Do this until all the balls have been dipped, adding more chopped chocolate as needed and maintaining the temperature of the chocolate around 120°F. Expert Tip: As soon as you dip the truffle balls and while the chocolate is still wet, you can sprinkle on finely chopped almonds onto the balls.
Once all the truffles are dipped, cover the cookie sheet with plastic wrap and place them back into the refrigerator for 1 hour to allow the outer shell to harden.
White Drizzle - Optional Step
To add the white drizzle lines, you'll need white melting wafers (candy melts) and about 1-2 Tablespoons of the coconut whipping cream. To do this, place ¼ cup of melting wafers in a microwave safe dish and microwave for 1 minute.
Stir, then heat again for 20 seconds. Stir again, and continue to heat in 20 second increments until the candy has melted. The consistency should be somewhat of a paste.
From there, add 1-2 Tablespoons of coconut whipping cream to the melted wafers and mix to combine. The consistency at this point should be more of a thick liquid.
Take a whisk and dip it into the bowl of melted wafers and then drizzle the melted wafers onto the truffles.
Place the truffle candy back into the refrigerator for 30-45 minutes to set.
Remove from the refrigerator and serve immediately!
- This is a multi-step process recipe with incremental steps that requires multiple chilling times. That's why the total time to make these shows 7 hours.
- Chocolate will very easily and quickly burn if it gets too hot too fast. I use a double boiler pot to manage the heat and how it melts. The melted chocolate needs to be maintained at around 120°F. If you don't want to use a candy thermometer, keep an eye on the consistency of the chocolate and lower the heat between medium-low and low to ensure it doesn't get hard.
- If it looks like it is starting to get hard, you can add more chopped chocolate to the double broiler, as well as some paramount crystals to help it get back to more of a fluid consistency.
- For the chill time with each step, all you need is about 2-3 hours for them to set in the refrigerator. But feel free to let the truffle mixture and formed truffle balls chill overnight.
- Store these in a plastic baggie or tupperware in the refrigerator for up to 3 weeks.
Calories: 68kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Trans Fat: 1g | Sodium: 26mg | Potassium: 45mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 128IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 6mg | Iron: 1mg