Slow Cooker Herb Roasted Garlic Potatoes
Full of flavor and zest, these slow cooker potatoes are one of the most delicious and easiest side dishes you will ever make! These are perfect for any weeknight dinner and your family will enjoy the velvety tenderness in every bite!
Servings: 4 servings
- 1 bag mini potatoes (I used a 1.5lb bag of Gemstone Potatoes)
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil (use a flavored olive oil like garlic or basil if you have it on hand. It enhances the flavor)
- 2 Tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 5 cloves garlic minced
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- ½ teaspoon dried dill
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon ground pepper
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- fresh chopped chives
Wash the potatoes and place in a slow cooker.
Add in the olive oil, butter, garlic cloves, dried oregano, basil, dill, salt, Italian seasoning and pepper.
Stir all the ingredients so they mix well with the potatoes. The butter should be soft enough to mix well with all the other ingredients and coat lightly.
Set slow cooker to low and cook for 4-5 hours.
When done, remove the potatoes from the slow cooker and place them in a large bowl. Stir in freshly grated Parmesan cheese.
Top with the chopped chives.
- While the potatoes are cooking in the slow cooker, stir occasionally so the garlic herb mixture doesn't stick or burn to the bottom.
- Check the potatoes 4 hours into the slow cooking process. The goals is for a fork to be able to slide smoothly into the potato. Make sure you don't overcook these because they will start to dry out.
- When moving the cooked potatoes from the slow cooker to the bowl, ensure you include all the flavorful juices from the slow cooker. That's where a lot of the flavor lives.
- If you are going to double the recipe, you have to double the cooking time.
- A lot of people ask me what size slow cooker they need for this recipe. I have 2 crock pots; I have a 3 quart and a 5 quart crock pot. As long at the 1.5 pound potatoes fit in your crockpot, your crockpot size should not matter. This is the crockpot I own.
Calories: 261kcal | Carbohydrates: 27g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 20mg | Sodium: 397mg | Potassium: 646mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 230IU | Vitamin C: 30.7mg | Calcium: 97mg | Iron: 1.5mg