Apple Pumpkin Spice Cake with Butter Rum Glaze
With all the wonderful fall flavors going on right now, you're guaranteed to love this spice cake recipe! Apples and pumpkin mixed with ground cinnamon, clove, and nutmeg topped with a creamy butter and spiced rum glaze, this bundt cake is perfect for for fall!
Servings: 15 servings
Butter Rum Glaze Ingredients
To Make the Cake
Preheat the oven to 350°F.
Combine all cake ingredients in a bowl.
Turn your standing or electric mixer on low for 30 seconds, then turn the speed up to medium high and mix for 3 minutes.
Pour your batter into the bundt cake mold.
Cook for 55-60 minutes, until done. (I test with a toothpick for doneness)
For Butter Rum Glaze
Heat the unsalted butter in a pan until melted.
Stir in the powdered sugar and spiced rum.
Whisk in the water and whisk until the consistency is of a thick syrup.
Pour on top of the bundt cake and serve.
- To test the doneness, use the toothpick test. Insert a toothpick into the thickest part of the cake and if it comes out with no moist batter, it's done.
- You can use any type of apple you want. Pink lady, gala, and honeycrisp are the best for this recipe.
- Don't mix the dry ingredients and then the wet ingredients. Dump all the ingredients in a bowl and mix it all together at once.
- I used a bundt mold, but you can use a rectangle pan or round pan for this recipe. I've actually made muffins and bread with this recipe and they are amazing! Make sure you grease the pan well or use a no stick mold.
- Don't like icing? Skip it. This cake is so crazy flavorful that it doesn't need icing. Sometimes, I like to just add on some powdered sugar and top it with chopped pecans.
- The key to making the butter rum glaze is using unsalted butter. For my rum, I used Captain Morgan Spiced Rum. It works perfectly with this recipe because the spiced rum compliments so well with the cinnamon, nutmeg and clove.
- If you're gluten free, just substitute a gluten free flour. The measurements should remain the same.
- You can store this cake covered on your counter for 3-4 days.
Calories: 372kcal | Carbohydrates: 58g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 44mg | Sodium: 247mg | Potassium: 112mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 41g | Vitamin A: 2527IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 35mg | Iron: 1mg