Apple and Berry Chopped Kale Salad with Citrus Basil Vinaigrette
This Apple and Berry Chopped Kale Salad is the perfect salad recipe for those in between months of the Summer season and the Fall season! Full of both fresh Summer and Fall fruits and vegetables, you are guaranteed to make a smooth transition into the Fall season! The combination of fresh strawberries, blueberries and Granny Smith apples mixed with fresh chopped kale, broccoli florets, cilantro and mint taste amazing and is so refreshing! Top it off with the citrus basil vinaigrette dressing and this will become your new favorite go-to salad!
Servings: 8 servings
- 4 cups chopped fresh kale
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro and fresh parsley
- 4 springs of fresh mint
- 1.5 cups fresh strawberries, quartered
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 cup raw broccoli, chopped into small pieces
- 1 Granny Smith apple, thinly sliced
- 1 green onion, chopped (both the white and green part)
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- 1 Tablespoon avocado
- 2 Tablespoons pumpkin seeds, raw
- Finely chopped chicken breast or turkey breast (optional)
- 1/4 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/4 cup fresh squeezed orange juice
- 1/4 teaspoon orange zest
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- 2 Tablespoons Dijon Mustard
- 1/4 cup fresh basil
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
Wash the kale and chop and put in a large salad bowl.
Chop the cilantro and fresh parsley so that it makes up 1/4 cup combined. Place in with the kale in the salad bowl.
Add the rest of the salad ingredients into the bowl.
In a food processor or blender, combine all the ingredients for the salad dressing and puree until mixed well and smooth.
Pour desired amount of salad dressing on top of the salad and gently toss.
Store leftover salad and salad dressing the refrigerator