Naval Orange and Kale Salad
Salads are so fantastic in the summer! Especially when you add the fresh citrus taste of an orange with the crisp crunch of kale, it’s beyond fantastic! This kale salad is super light and so refreshing! Perfect for that hot summer day! And summer is not over yet!!! This one is a crowd pleaser!
- 1/2 Shallot peeled and minced
- 1 clove garlic peeled and minced
- 1 Tablespoon fresh squeezed orange juice
- 1 teaspoon stone-ground mustard
- 3 Tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Pinch of fresh ground pepper
- 5-6 cups kale stems removed and chopped
- 2 Navel oranges
- 1/2 cup salted dry-roasted almonds roughly chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
Place all ingredients in a jar with a tight fitting lid.
Let dressing rest in the refrigerator at least an hour for flavors to develop.
Remove from refrigerator, shake well before use.
In a large bowl, combine all salad ingredients.
Add about half the dressing and toss well.
Taste for seasoning, adding more oranges, salt and pepper if needed.