When you hear coleslaw, you probably think "full of mayonnaise" and "unhealthy"...but not this version. This Coleslaw recipe is so super healthy and is the best coleslaw recipe I've tasted! This recipe is full of fresh vegetables and the dressing is nothing but a little bit of lemon and pineapple juice! Forget the mayonnaise...we are using natural fruit juices! And the fresh cut apple pushes the flavor over the top!
Servings: 8 people
- 1/4 head green cabbage, shredded or finely chopped (cone #3)
- 1/4 head red cabbage, shredded or finely chopped (cone #3)
- 1 zucchini, shredded or finely chopped (cone #4)
- 3 radishes, shredded or finely chopped (cone #4)
- 1 carrot, strung (cone #2)
- 1 honeycrisp apple, shredded or finely chopped (cone #4)
- 1 yellow summer squash, shredded or finely chopped (cone #2)
- 1 celery stalk, shredded, (cone #1)
- 1 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup pineapple juice I use the juice from a can of sliced pineapple
Ensure all your veggies are washed and either shredded or chopped, per the notes above.
Mix all vegetables and apple together in a big mixing bowl.
Squeeze 1 Tablespoon of lemon juice from a lemon into the bowl.
Add the pineapple juice and mix until well combined.
NOTE: If you are using a Saladmaster machine, here are your cone sizes:
- 1⁄4 head green cabbage - use Cone #3
- 1⁄4 head red cabbage - use Cone #3
- 1 zucchini, sliced, - Cone #4
- 3 radishes, sliced, use Cone #4
- 1 carrot, strung, use Cone #2
- 1 yellow summer squash, strung, use Cone #2
- 1 celery stalk, shredded, use Cone #1
- Apple - Cone #4