Autumn Vegetable Beef Soup
Nothing beats this Vegetable Beef Soup recipe made with hamburger meat and plenty of autumn vegetables including carrots, celery, tomatoes, red bell pepper, and black beans. Slowly simmered in a tomato chicken based broth.
Servings: 8 people
- 1 ½ teaspoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 4 carrots, diced
- 3 celery stalks, thinly sliced
- 1 can petite diced tomatoes
- 1 Tablespoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- 5.5 fluid ounces tomato juice
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 2 15 ounce cans of black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- Topping ideas - crumbled corn chips, plain Greek yogurt, sour cream, cilantro, mozzarella cheese
In a medium saucepan, ground the hamburger meat until no longer pink. Drain and set aside.
Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat.
Chop the onion, garlic, bell pepper, carrots, and celery and add them to a large saucepan.
Sauté for about 15 minutes, until softened.
Add the chili powder and cumin to the sautéed vegetables and sauté for another 3 minutes.
Move the vegetables to a large pot and pour in the broth, black beans, ground beef, and tomatoes.
Stir well and cook on medium temperature uncovered for 30 minutes.
Pour soup into bowls and top with your favorite toppings.
Serving: 1.5cups | Calories: 286kcal | Carbohydrates: 25g | Protein: 17g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 4.67g | Cholesterol: 40.26mg | Sodium: 1093.26mg | Potassium: 872.05mg | Fiber: 8.27g | Sugar: 5.28g | Vitamin A: 6035.37IU | Vitamin C: 39.81mg | Calcium: 79.76mg | Iron: 3.88mg