Roasted Broccoli Salad with Pine Nuts and Feta
This crunchy roasted broccoli salad with pine nuts and feta is full of flavor in every bite! This salad brings an Italian flare with the subtleness of the oregano and feta cheese. With so many fantastic ingredients in this broccoli salad...this one will quickly become a family favorite!
Servings: 6 people
- 4 cups broccoli florets, chopped in bite size pieces
- 2 cups kale, raw and chopped in bite sized pieces
- 1 cup pine nuts, raw
- 2 Tablespoons avocado oil
- 1 teaspoon oregano, dried
- ¼ cup dried cranberries
- 4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 4 Tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 4 Tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg, ground
- ¼ teaspoon fresh ground pepper, to taste
Preheat oven to 425 F.
In a large mixing bowl, combine the raw broccoli, pine nuts, avocado oil and oregano until all ingredients are mixed well.
Pour the broccoli mixture onto a silipat or cookie sheet lined with foil and roast in the oven for 7 minutes.
Remove from oven and transfer broccoli contents to a bowl and set aside to cool for about 20 minutes.
While the salad is cooling, go ahead and make the salad dressing. In a small bowl, combine the vinegar, olive oil, garlic, nutmeg and pepper. Whisk until well blended and set aside.
Once the salad is cool, mix in the fresh chopped kale, dried cranberries and feta cheese into the large bowl of broccoli mixture.
Toss the salad with the desired amount of dressing.
Chill the salad in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours before serving.