Garlic and Herb Smoked Potatoes
An easy smoker recipe with the simplest ingredients, these Garlic and Herb Smoked Potatoes are velvety in texture and rich in flavor! Seasoned with dill, Italian seasoning, and Parmesan cheese, this smoked potato recipe makes a delicious addition to any meal!
Servings: 6 people
- 1 ½ lb bag of Gemstone Potatoes
- ¼ cup Parmesan, fresh grated (optional)
- fresh chopped parsley, (optional)
For the Marinade
- 2 Tablsepoons olive oil, (use a flavored olive oil like garlic or basil if you have it on hand. It enhances the flavor)
- 10-12 garlic cloves, freshly chopped
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- ½ teaspoon dried dill
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon ground pepper
Preheat your smoker to 225°F.
Rinse the potatoes and put them into a large plastic gallon bag.
Next, chop the fresh garlic cloves and put into the Ziplock gallon bag.
Add the olive oil, oregano, basil, dill, salt, Italian seasoning, and ground pepper to the plastic bag and seal.
Shake the bag so the potatoes are well coated. Place the plastic bag in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours to marinate. Expert Tip: Because there are no perishable ingredients in this recipe, the potatoes can also marinate a room temperature.
After the potatoes have finished marinating, you're going to make a loose foil packet by folding the aluminum foil in half. Place the potatoes and 2 Tablespoons of water in the center of the aluminum foil and then pull over one side so you can fold all the edges. Expert Tip: Make sure you don't seal the packet all the way because you want some of the smoke to penetrate the potatoes. You can either poke holes in a sealed foil packet or leave a small opening in the middle of the foil packet.
Place the foil packet containing the potatoes directly on the smoker rack.
Smoke for 2 hours.
Once done, remove the foil packet, slowly open and pour the potatoes into a bowl.
Serve immediately and top with fresh grated Parmesan cheese and chopped parsley.
- You want to keep the smoker between the range of 225°F-250°F during the entire smoke time.
- By adding the 2 Tablespoons of water directly into the foil packet, you're adding direct moisture to the potatoes. This helps the potatoes have more of a velvety texture.
- After 2 hours in the smoker, take a fork and gently press into a potato to ensure they are done. If the potato is still stiff in the middle, smoke longer ensuring you do the fork test every 30 minutes.
- Using a flavored olive oil really helps bring out the flavor. If you don't have a flavored infused olive oil, use regular olive oil.
- Let the potatoes marinate for at least 2 hours, preferably overnight, up to 24 hours.
Serving: 6people | Calories: 119kcal | Carbohydrates: 22g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 2mg | Sodium: 286mg | Potassium: 646mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 40IU | Vitamin C: 12.2mg | Calcium: 68mg | Iron: 1.2mg