Greek Kale and Quinoa Salad
This Greek Kale and Quinoa Salad is a powerhouse salad full of nutrition and fiber! The perfect for any lunch or dinner! Add chicken and you have yourself a meal packed full of protein! This Greek salad is addictively delicious!
Servings: 4 people
Ingredients For Salad
- 1-2 bunch organic fresh kale, chopped
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 20 pitted Kalamata olives
- 3 Tablespoons red onion, diced
- 1 tomato, sliced
- ½ cup cucumber, peeled and diced
- ¼ cup feta cheese, crumbled
Ingredients for Dressing
- 2 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon oregano, dried
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- ¼ cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon Dijon Mustard
- 3 Tablesppons apple cider vinegar
Cook quinoa according to package instructions. Expert Tip: I always cook ½ cup raw quinoa to 1 cup water. I mix the quinoa and water in a small pot until it comes to a rolling boil. From there I cover a reduce heat to low.
While the quinoa is cooking, chop the kale into bite size pieces and rinse well.
In a large bowl, add the kale, cooked quinoa, Kalamata olives, red onion, diced tomatoes, cucumber and feta cheese.
Slowly pour ¼ cup of Greek dressing to the salad and mix well. Expert Tip: Adjust the measurement of the dressing for your taste preference.
- If you're going to make the Greek Marinated Chicken, make sure you let the chicken marinate for at least 12-24 hours. And while this recipe can be baked in the oven, I recommend grilling the chicken for the best results.
- This Greek salad with quinoa lasts for about 2-3 days in the refrigerator and is perfect for lunch, dinner, even a late afternoon snack! I love pairing this salad recipe with my Homemade Vegetable Soup or my Kale and Leek Soup. You can never have too much kale!
- While the tomato is optional, and I don't love raw tomatoes anyway, but let me tell you...the tomato helps POP the Greek flavors in this salad!
- Store any leftover dressing in an air-tight container and place in the refrigerator for 3-4 weeks.
Calories: 360kcal | Carbohydrates: 18g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 31g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 8mg | Sodium: 499mg | Potassium: 385mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 3587IU | Vitamin C: 51mg | Calcium: 126mg | Iron: 2mg