Oven Baked Chicken Thighs with Vegetables
These baked chicken thighs are extremely juicy, tender, and extremely flavorful! Paired with simple root vegetables, this chicken is baked in the oven and seasoned with maple syrup and fresh thyme.
Servings: 6 people
- 2-3 lbs chicken thighs and drumsticks, (I like boneless/skinless thighs and drumsticks with skin on)
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon poultry seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups carrots, unpeeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 cups sweet potatoes, unpeeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- ½ red onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 4-5 fresh thyme sprigs
Preheat the oven to 375°F.
Arrange the chicken in a 9X13 in Pyrex dish or dutch oven.
Coat each piece of chicken evenly with the poultry seasoning, salt, and black pepper.
Chop the vegetables and place the carrots, sweet potatoes, and red onion in the dish. Drizzle with maple syrup and olive oil. Add fresh thyme on top.
Bake for 40-45 minutes, or until the meat has reached an internal temperature of 165°F.
Let the dish cool for 5 minutes before serving. Refrigerate any leftovers.
- I love using sweet root vegetables when making this recipe so I use carrots, sweet potatoes, and red onion in this dish. They pair extremely well with the maple syrup used in this dish.
- Want to add other vegetables? Go for it! I've used brussels sprouts, red potatoes, and pearl onions and they turned out amazing!
- Don't peel the vegetables! The skins on the carrots and sweet potatoes contain a lot of nutrition. Once these thighs are cooked, you would never know the skins were kept on the vegetables!. They come out super soft, tender, and delish!
- While you can use olive oil for this dish, using a flavor infused olive oil really enhances the flavor. Garlic and rosemary olive oil are my favorite.
- To ensure the meat is cooked to a safe internal temperature, use an internal meat thermometer to ensure the internal temperature reaches 165°F before you remove it from the oven.
- Store any leftovers in an airtight container for up to 3-4 days in the refrigerator.
Calories: 468kcal | Carbohydrates: 36g | Protein: 25g | Fat: 24g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 96mg | Sodium: 158mg | Potassium: 677mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 21g | Vitamin A: 16740IU | Vitamin C: 6.8mg | Calcium: 80mg | Iron: 1.7mg