Avocado Egg Salad
Packed with nutrition, this Avocado Egg Salad is HEALTHY and full of flavor! Eat it as a dip with your favorite chips, make some tacos or serve it on a piece of toast!
Servings: 4 people
- 4 eggs
- 1 avocado, peeled and seed removed
- Juice from 1 lime
- ½ tsp chili powder
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 Tablespoon green onions, chopped
- 2 Tablsepoons cilantro, chopped
- 2 Tablsepoon salsa
- pinch of salt, to taste
- pinch of pepper, to taste
Boil 4 eggs in a pot of water and once done and peeled, cut the eggs into quarters.
Mash together the hard boiled eggs, avocado, lime juice, chili powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
Next, combine the black beans, chopped green onions, chopped cilantro, and salsa.
Serve with your favorite chip or spread on your favorite bread to make a sandwich.
Store any leftovers in the refrigerator.
- You can boil your eggs ahead of time, just make sure you don't overcook the eggs. Do you struggle with boiling and peeling eggs? I refer to this post on How To Make The Perfect Boiled Eggs often because it gives really helpful methods on how to get the perfect boiled egg every time.
- Does avocado egg salad turn brown? If you eat it all in one serving you don't have to worry about that. The highly acidic lime juice in this recipe helps keep it from turning brown. However; if it starts to turn, just stir it up and it will turn green again.
- Make sure you don't overmix. Avocado and cooked egg yolk are naturally creamy so you want to mix all the ingredients until they are all lightly combined.
- Store any leftovers in a container with a lid and place it in the fridge. It needs to stay chilled and should last for 2 days.
- Love love LOVE the cilantro in this recipe. Including the extra cilantro is my favorite way to enjoy this spread. I also like add in fresh dill to intensify the flavor.
Calories: 192kcal | Carbohydrates: 14g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 163mg | Sodium: 76mg | Potassium: 432mg | Fiber: 6g | Vitamin A: 445IU | Vitamin C: 9.9mg | Calcium: 45mg | Iron: 1.9mg