If you want Diego's Spanish version exactly how he prepares this cake, here it is!
- 250 g Sugar
- 1 full orange
- 3 eggs
- 100 g sunflower oil or butter
- 1 yoghurt (no flavor, just a white one)
- 250 g flour
- 1 + 1/2 tbsp yeast (or alternative)
- a little amount of salt.
- Chocolate chips (dark one better)
1. Blend for 3 minutes the sugar, the orange (cut in pieces with the peel, don't peel it!) and the 3 eggs at mid-high speed.
2. Add the rest of the ingredients (except the chips, flour, yealt and salt) and mix for some seconds at low-medium speed
3. Add the rest of the ingredients (except the chips) and mix for 20 seconds at low-medium speed
4. Prepare a baking recipient with some butter or flour. Put the mix on it (until it fills 50% of the height). You can add some chocolate chips during the proccess. Add some gran sugar and more chips on top.
5. Introduce in the pre-heated ove to 350F (180C) for 25 minutes.
Frosting or Ice Cream?
This is where it gets fun! Diego served this cake with vanilla ice cream and no frosting but I added my Homemade Lemon Cream Cheese Frosting to this cake! The recipe can be found here:
Let's talk about using yeast for a minute. My daughter is allergic to yeast so I substitute out the yeast and use 1 Tablespoon of baking powder! Easy Peasy!