Who can resist this sumptuous and heathy dip made from ripe avocados? This homemade guacamole contains only the freshest ingredients, is super easy and fast to make and is heart healthy. Learn my secret for how to make the best authentic homemade guacamole.
Servings: 12 people
- 8-9 avocados
- 4 limes
- 5 Tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 Tablespoons shredded cheese, freshly grated
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- ¼ cup diced tomatoes, optional
Cut your avocados horizontally. Remove the seed, spoon out the avocado and put into a mixing bowl.
Squeeze as much of the juice out of your 4 limes as you can into the mixing bowl. I use a citrus press and it works wonders!
Wash and then chop your fresh cilantro and place into the mixing bowl. Do the same with your onion and garlic clove.
Sprinkle your cheese in the mixing bowl.
Add 1 teaspoon of garlic salt.
I take a potato smasher and smash all my ingredients together in the mixing bowl. I then stir until it’s very well blended. Feel free to add a bit more garlic salt for taste if you feel it needs more.
Serve with your favorite chips or vegetables. Store all leftovers in the refrigerator.
- Red Onion - this is an optional ingredient in my guacamole recipe but I always add it in! The red onion provides HUGE flavor to the guacamole! If you don't like red onion, use a sweet vidalia onion.
- Pomegranate Seeds - some people like a sweet guacamole. If this is you, add in some fresh pomegranate seeds! They provide a super refreshing taste to your guacamole.
- Tomatoes - I like adding a small amount of fresh diced tomatoes into my guacamole!
- Corn - Adding cooked corn is a fun add to your guacamole!
- Jalapeño - If you want to add a bit of spice to your guacamole, add some diced Jalapeño!
- Fresh Mango - ...SO amazing in guac! Also...try fresh pieces!
- Cojita Cheese - Sometimes I switch out the freshly grated cheese and add in Cojita cheese instead. It's a YUMMY substitute!
Serving: 0.5cups | Calories: 228kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 20g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 1mg | Sodium: 222mg | Potassium: 672mg | Fiber: 9g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 235IU | Vitamin C: 19.9mg | Calcium: 52mg | Iron: 0.9mg