Brown Sugar Garlic Chicken
Such an easy dinner recipe, this brown sugar garlic chicken is made with only 4 ingredients and will be ready and on the dinner table in 30 minutes.
Servings: 4 people
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 Tablespoon + 2 teaspoons of olive oil
- salt, to taste (optional)
- pepper, to taste (optional)
Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly coat a baking dish with olive oil.
In small skillet, sauté the minced garlic with the olive oil until tender. Remove from heat and stir in brown sugar. Add salt and pepper as desired.
Place the breasts in a prepared baking dish and coat with the garlic and brown sugar rub. NOTE: Your brown sugar mixture should be the consistency of a wet rub and not a liquid.
Cook uncovered for about 30 minutes or until the internal temperature of the meat reaches 165°F.
Drizzle the brown sugar glaze from the bottom of the baking dish onto each piece and serve. NOTE: There is no separate recipe for a glaze. I use the drippings from the bottom of the baking pan and drizzle on top of the finished chicken.
- There is no separate recipe for the glaze. I use the drippings in the pan from the liquified brown sugar and garlic and spoon it onto the cooked chicken.
- Not a fan of breasts? Use boneless skinless thighs. I've made this recipe using drumsticks too and it's delish.
- The sweet sauce reminds me of a chinese dish. It pairs amazingly well with steamed broccoli, rice, or over a bed of noodles.
- Make sure to coat the bottom of the baking dish with olive oil to avoid the sauce from sticking. It makes for an easier clean up. Cooking spray also works well.
- Once it's done baking, spoon the glaze from the pan onto the each piece.
- To freeze the prepped chicken, follow the steps above and place the raw rubbed breasts in a gallon Ziplock freezer bag. When you're ready to bake the meat, thaw it in the refrigerator overnight. When it’s time to cook, arrange the each breasts in an olive oil coated baking dish and cook according to the directions in the recipe card below.
Calories: 210kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 24g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 72mg | Sodium: 135mg | Potassium: 446mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 12g | Vitamin A: 34IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 21mg | Iron: 1mg