I have such a funny story to go with this recipe post! I received a text tonight from my next door neighbor and she said her husband walked by our house outside and smelled this wonderful smell. He walked back in his house and said, “Amanda must be cooking something really good because even the outside of her house smells fantastic!” Ha Ha! I LOVE IT!
And yes, indeed I was 🙂
I made this wonderful little dish from MyFridgeFood called Sweet Garlic Chicken. It is really easy to make and is a fast prep. This is a Gluten Free dish and has 4 easy ingredients: chicken breasts, olive oil, fresh garlic and brown sugar. That’s it!
I do want to share that this dish stirred up a lot of conversation on a Facebook post about the 4 Tablespoons of brown sugar this dish calls for. But let me stress that it’s only 4 Tablespoons of brown sugar spread over 4 breasts of chicken. That’s really not a lot. I dont eat brown sugar every day. As a matter of fact, I rarely eat sugar. But having some sugar in your diet is not a bad thing. If you are diabetic, you may not want to try this dish. But it’s a chicken dish and there is nothing wrong or unhealthy about eating chicken with about 1 Tablespoon of brown sugar on it per piece.
Ok off my soap box:)
Below is the recipe and I hope you love it! Oh! And my neighbor text me about 2 hours later and said they saw my post on Facebook for this recipe (and they loved how this smelled outside my house) and decided to try this chicken dish tonight. They told me they loved it and it will be a repeat in their house! So, yes it’s worth repeating!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Line a Pyrex baking dish or cookie sheet with aluminum foil and lightly coat with cooking spray or lightly brush with oil.
- In small sauté pan, sauté garlic with the oil until tender.
- Remove from heat and stir in brown sugar. Add salt and pepper as desired.
- Place chicken breasts in a prepared baking dish and cover with the garlic and brown sugar mixture. NOTE: Your brown sugar mixture should be the consistency of a rub and not a liquid.
- Cook uncovered for about 30 to 40 minutes until your chicken is done all the way through. You are then ready to serve!
- Recipe source: inspired by MyFridgeFood