Greek Marinated Chicken
This Greek Marinated Chicken is EASY and hands down the most flavorful and juiciest chicken recipe I've ever tasted! Only 5 minutes to prep! Full of Greek flavors like oregano, garlic, parsley and lemon, this dish screams flavor! The secret to this chicken dish is in the marinade!
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time30 mins
Total Time35 mins
Servings: 8 people
- 1 5.3 ounce tub of plain Greek Yogurt, (I use Chobani)
- 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (if you have a flavored olive oil, use it!)
- 6 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 1/2 Tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 lemon, (juice and zest)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped parsley
- 4 lbs boneless and skinless chicken thighs and drumsticks
To make the marinade, combine the yogurt, olive oil, minced garlic, oregano, lemon juice, parsley, salt and pepper in a bowl. Stir well.
Use a cheese grater or zester to scrape a thin layer of lemon zest from half the lemon. Add lemon zest to the bowl of marinade ingredients.
Grab a gallon sized Ziplock bag and add the chicken pieces and marinade to the bag. Move the chicken around to ensure each piece is well coated.
Refrigerate the the chicken in the marinade for at least 1 hour. I like to marinate mine overnight! The longer the marinade, the more flavorful!
After marinating, you can choose to grill the chicken or bake in the oven. If you bake in the oven, preheat oven to 350 and bake for the breasts for 30 minutes. If you are making thighs and drumsticks, I like to cook them for 35-40 minutes to ensure done. If you choose to grill the chicken, grill for a total of 30-35 minutes or until the juices run clear and the chicken is done all the way through. Your chicken, regardless of the cut needs to reach an internal temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit before they are considered done.
Top with fresh grated lemon zest and serve.
- I don't recommend always relying just on time when cooking chicken. Time is just a gauge.
- Regardless of the cut, your chicken needs to reach an internal temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit before they are considered done. Keep this in mind when cooking large breast, thighs or legs. Use a meat thermometer to ensure the chicken is done before removing it from the grill or oven.
Serving: 2pieces of chicken | Calories: 301kcal | Protein: 43g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 215mg | Sodium: 347mg | Potassium: 555mg | Vitamin A: 55IU | Calcium: 20mg | Iron: 1.8mg