This recipe is gluten free and super high in fiber! If left me and Mr. Mason satisfied without leaving us “too full. Personally, I love this dish over rice. I’ve made it once over rice noodles and oh my goodness so amazing! 30 minutes total and you’ll have yourself an amazing dinner on the table for your family!
Flank Steak Stir-Fry with Asparagus and Red Pepper
Stir Fry Ingredients
- 3 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 lb Asparagus, trimmed, cut on the diagonal into 1 ½ inch lengths (about 1 ½ cups)
- 1 lb Flank Steak sliced in half lengthwise (along the grain) and then cut into thin strips, 2 inches long and ¼ inch wide (put the steak in the freezer 15 min before slicing to make it easier to slice)
- 1 Red bell pepper, seeded, de-ribbed, and cut into thin strips 2 inches long and ¼ inch wide
- 2 teaspoons Cornstarch, dissolved into 3 tablespoons of water
Stir Fry Sauce Ingredients
- 3 Tablespoons Soy Sauce, (gluten free brand)
- 1 teaspoon Fresh ginger, (peeled and finely chopped)
- 1 Garlic Clove, minced
- 1 green onion, including green tops, chopped
- While you are chopping the ingredients in preparation, bring a small saucepan of water to a boil.
- Parboil the asparagus pieces for 2 minutes, drain, rinse in cold water, drain and set aside.
- Prepare the All Purpose Stir Fry Sauce by combining the ingredients in a small dish and set aside.
- Stir-fry the asparagus in a wok (or thick-bottomed pan with at least 2’’ sides that can take high heat) in 1 tbsp of olive oil for about 2 minutes until lightly browned. Remove asparagus from pan and set aside.
- Add another Tablespoon of olive oil to the pan and stir fry the beef strips, in 2 batches, for 2-3 minutes until browned but still pink inside.
- Return the first batch of beef to the pan and add the bell pepper. Stir and toss. Over high heat until just beginning to wilt, 1-2 min.
- Quickly stir the cornstarch liquid and add it to the pan along with the stir fry sauce. Cook until sauce thickens, 1-2 minutes.
- Return the asparagus to the pan, toss to evenly coat
- If you are planning to serve this dish with rice, in a separate pan, prepare 2 cups of white or brown rice, following the instruction on the rice package.
- If you're going low-carb, in which case, leave out the rice.
NOTE: You will find affiliate links on this page.