I love it when I find an excellent recipe! I did a lot of research and looking around this weekend for some good recipes and tried some out this weekend. I found this particular recipe on “A Sweet Pea Chef” website (http://www.asweetpeachef.com/). I’ve tried some of her stuff before and she does a really nice job on her recipes, so I’m sharing this one with you!
This one was surprisingly easy to make. It sounds a little “fancy” but it took 30 min total to make. What makes this dish so fantastic is the mushroom sauce. And let me stress to you that a good quality balsamic vinegar is essential for this recipe. One of my favorite places to get good quality oils and vinegars is a store called “Oil and Vinegar” (http://oilandvinegarusa.com/). They have a lot of different flavored oils, as well as vinegars. I used a Hibiscus Vinegar for this recipe and it was absolutely fabulous!
This dish is gluten free and my recommendation is to use either Ribeye steak or New York Strip. I paired this dish with homemade mashed potatoes and steamed broccoli and carrots. This one is definitely a keeper in our house and if you love steak, you’ll want to make sure you try this one.
- 4 New York Strip or boneless ribeye steaks
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 20 baby bella mushrooms quartered
- 3-4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt, plus some for seasoning your steaks
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper, plus some for seasoning your steaks
- 1/4 cup good quality balsamic vinegar (I used a hibiscus balsamic vinegar)
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- Heat an outdoor grill over medium heat. Coat each steak evenly with salt and pepper for flavor.
- Place steak on grill and cook for 5 minutes. Then, flip and cook an additional 5 minutes. Cook steak to your desired temperature. While steak is cooking on the grill, start the sauce.
- In a medium saucepan, heat your olive oil over medium-heat. Add mushrooms and saute for 8-10 minutes, until most of the juices have released and the mushrooms start to brown.
- Add the garlic and cook and additional minute, allowing the garlic to become fragrant. Add the salt and pepper.
- Add the chicken broth and balsamic vinegar and cook 8-10 minutes or until liquid is reduced by half.
- Add the cream, and stir well. Cook until heated through and then remove from heat.
- Add the butter and stir to combine until melted.
- Serve hot over the steaks.