Who's ready for a new snack and appetizer ideas?! This creamy herbed walnut spread is super easy to make and full of flavor! The cream cheese mixed with chopped walnuts leaves a nutty taste with a smooth texture that is perfectly paired with your favorite cracker, fresh vegetable, olives or blueberries! Perfect for any get together!
I can never have enough snack and appetizer recipes! This Herbed Cream Cheese and Creamy Walnut spread is not only yummy, but it's a great alternative to your typical “ranch” dressing dip! This one is also really low carb, so if you follow the Ketogenic Diet, you'll love this recipe! By the way, if you follow Keto, check out my food blogger friend over at Ketogasm. She has some amazing Keto friendly recipes!
I’m a huge believer of eating a small snack in between meals so I don’t overeat at meal time because I was starving…but sometimes it's hard to find new and healthy snacks! This Herbed Cream Cheese and Walnut Spread goes great with celery, but I have started to add additional raw veggies like carrots, cucumbers, fresh peppers and cauliflower to mix it up a bit! Or, eat it with your favorite cracker. And if you want to really throw in something different, eat this spread with fresh blueberries or olives! It sounds odd, but let me tell you....it's so good!
This recipe will last in your refrigerator for several days and it’s a quick "grab it and go" for your busy day! My mom showed me this recipe years ago and I've been making it ever since! This one is gluten free and Ketogenic friendly! Enjoy!
Herbed Cream Cheese and Walnut Spread
- ½ Cup Walnuts, chopped
- 1 Package Cream Cheese, reduced fat
- 1 Tablespoon Chives, finely chopped
- Dash of salt and pepper, to taste
- 15 med celery stalks (each about 9 “long), or other raw veggies you like
- Heat oven to 275F. Spread walnuts on a baking sheet and bake until fragrant and toasted, about 10 minutes.
- Remove toasted walnuts from the backing dish. Roughly chop the walnuts.
- Combine the walnuts, cream cheese and chives in a mixing bowl. Mix well. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Using a rubber spatula, fill each celery stalk with about 1 tablespoon of the cream cheese spread.
- Cut each stalk in half or cut several raw mixed veggies and dip into your spread. Or serve with your favorite cracker, fresh blueberries or olives.
Nutritional Value and Serving Sizes:
More Delicious Appetizer Recipes: