Everyone loves a good meatloaf and this Feta and Sun-Dried Tomato Turkey Meatloaf beats any meatloaf I’ve ever tasted! The sun-dried tomatoes and feta cheese pair perfectly with the Italian flavors in breadcrumbs. This turkey meatloaf recipe is an easy and perfect weeknight meal that everyone will enjoy!
I love meatloaf. I always have. I grew up on my mom’s homemade southern style meatloaf with mashed potatoes and green beans and man…it’s was so good!! As I’ve grown older, I’ve learned you can make many different varieties of meatloaf! It’s so versatile!! My friend Lindsay turned me onto this recipe. Lindsay always shares the most fabulous recipes that come from her Italian family (OMG check out her travel posts here), so I was super excited to receive this one! This meatloaf is turkey based and has just a hint of Italian seasoning…and oh my goodness…it’s so yummy! My husband calls it my “fancy” meatloaf!
I love that you can make this meatloaf either traditional style or gluten free. If you choose to go the gluten free route, you’ll just use gluten free breadcrumbs. I like to buy Italian gluten free breadcrumbs because you can taste just enough of the Italian herbs in every bite of your meatloaf. Ian’s makes a really fantastic gluten free Italian breadcrumbs. You can easily get these breadcrumbs here! But if you want to use plain breadcrumbs, totally fine too! It’s amazing regardless!
Look at the inside of this meatloaf. As you cut into the meatloaf, you can see the sun-dried tomatoes and parsley. There is also feta cheese that has melted and cooked in this meatloaf and with every bite you can taste the perfect combination of every ingredient. It’s so amazing…I can’t rave about this meatloaf recipe enough! Have I convinced you yet how FAB this recipe tastes?!
Let’s talk ingredients for a minute. These ingredients are simple. I typically make this meatloaf with Jennie-O 93/7 ground turkey, but I’ve also made it with Italian Style Seasoned Turkey Meat. It’s fabulous either way. As I mentioned above, this meatloaf recipe calls for breadcrumbs but you’re also going to use fresh garlic, fresh parsley, feta cheese crumbles and sun-dried tomatoes. I bet you’re wondering what’s the best side dishes to serve with the meatloaf. Well, this Feta and Sun-Dried Tomato Turkey Meatloaf recipe pairs really well with mashed potatoes. I also love green beans and corn with this recipe. Keep it simple! If you’re looking for some additional sides to serve with this meatloaf recipe, check out my recipe for Roasted Green Beans with Mushrooms, Balsamic and Parmesan and my recipe for Zesty Italian Potatoes! You’ll love them!
Out of all my meatloaf recipes, this one is my favorite.I have another recipe for meatloaf on my site that I call my Extremely Healthy Meatloaf if you want to check that one out, as well. If you have a Demarle flexi-loaf pan, you should use it so you don’t have to worry about greasing up a metal loaf pan. If you haven’t used Demarle yet, I can’t say enough about their silipats and flexi-pans! And no, I don’t sell Demarle…I just love their products! Check them out to make your cooking life so much easier! When I started using flexipans, my cooking got so much easier! Demarle at Home
Enjoy this recipe, it’s just so fabulous! Everyone will love it and it’s guaranteed to become a family favorite!
Feta and Sun-Dried Tomato Turkey Meatloaf
- 1/2 cup Italian Style Bread Crumbs (If you're gluten free, use an Italian gluten free breadcrumb)
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley (If you can find Italian parsley, use that)
- 1/4 cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes (If you love sun-dried tomatoes, use 1/3 cup)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 Tablespoons milk
- 1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 pound ground turkey (I use Jennie-O lean 93/7)
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil (this is for topping the meatloaf before it's cooked)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F
- Use a 9 by 5-inch loaf pan and ensure it's coated well with about 2 teaspoons of olive oil. If you are using a Demarle flexipan, there is no need to coat with oil.
- In a large bowl, stir together the breadcrumbs, chopped parsley, sun-dried tomatoes, garlic, eggs, milk, feta, salt and pepper.
- Add the ground turkey meat and gently stir to combine, being careful to not overwork the meat mixture.
- Carefully pack the meat mixture into the prepared pan, drizzle with olive oil on top and back for about 45 minutes, or until an internal thermometer reaches 165 degrees F.
- Remove from the oven and let rest for 5 minutes before slicing.
Pin this Feta and Sun-Dried Tomato Turkey Meatloaf to your favorite HEALTHY and DINNER boards on PINTEREST!!
NOTE: You will find affiliate links on this page.