I used to make a similar recipe like this when I was younger…before I had a husband and kiddos. I used to take chicken breasts and different seasonings I had on hand and throw them in foil along with lemon and it was always the moistest chicken ever! I forgot all about that until I came across this recipe from Damn Delicious. Their recipe is a little more “feisty” than mine used to be so I decided to give it a try. It turned out GREAT and my son, who is so sick of eating chicken, loved it! This one is super easy to make. It’s a good recipe to make when you don’t have a lot of time to prep, but want a good and wholesome dinner. This one is gluten free and has a great Dijon mustard taste. I’ll definitely be making this one again! My son insists!
- 4 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon Mustard
- 1 Tablespoon whole grain mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Salt and fresh grated black pepper, to taste
- 16 ounces of baby red potatoes or new potatoes, chopped
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, combine 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, mustards, thyme, rosemary and lemon zest. Season the mixture in your bowl with a bit of salt and pepper to taste. Mix well and set aside.
- Cur four sheets of foil, about 12-inches long. Divide potatoes into 4 equal portions and add to the center of the foil.
- Fold up the 4 sides of each foil packet. Add the chicken to the center of the foil.
- Using a brush, work the mustard mixture on both sides of the chicken. Top with lemon slicess.
- Fold the sides of the foil over the chicken, covering completely and sealing the packets closed.
- Place the foil packets onto a baking sheet. Place in the over and back for about 30 minutes, or until done.
Recipe source: inspired by Damn Delicious