One Pan Garlic Baked Chicken is a family favorite perfect for any weeknight dinner. Covered in a balsamic sauce and topped with mozzarella cheese, this tender chicken recipe is full of flavor and is quick and easy to make!
I have to say, I’m a huge fan of flavorful baked chicken recipes. Especially when I can make the chicken recipe in one pan. Chicken breasts, thighs, or legs…it doesn’t matter. Chicken recipes are just so simple to make. Some of my family’s favorites are my Baked Chicken with Dijon Lime Sauce and this creamy and delicious Lemon Butter Chicken . Quick dinners that are easy to make and full of flavor is what I’m after. That’s what this One Pan Garlic Baked Chicken brings to the table. And it’s naturally gluten free, too!
Garlic Marinade for Chicken
You’ll want to start with a simple garlic marinade. Grab a gallon size Ziplock bag and add in the chicken breasts, olive oil, white wine vinegar, Italian seasoning, salt, pepper, and 5 cloves of minced garlic. Garlic is the key ingredient for this marinade.
Seal the bag and massage all the ingredients together until the chicken breasts are well coated. Place the Ziplock bag into the refrigerator and let it marinate for 10-15 minutes while you prep the ingredients for the one pan balsamic sauce.
One Pan Balsamic Sauce
This balsamic sauce is crazy wonderful and full of flavor. The cherry tomatoes and brussels sprouts really soak up the rich flavors of the balsamic and herbs. The honey adds a touch of sweet and pairs perfectly with the balsamic vinegar.
The first thing you’re going to do is cut the cherry tomatoes in half and quarter the brussels sprouts. This allows the balsamic sauce to really penetrate the vegetables and caramelize while baking.
Add all the balsamic sauce ingredients to the pan, except the shredded mozzarella cheese. Then stir all the ingredients together in the pan until well combined. Grab the Ziplock bag of garlic marinated chicken out of the refrigerator. Lay the garlic marinated chicken breasts on top of the one pan balsamic sauce ingredients.
You’re going to bake uncovered at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 30 minutes. Once the chicken is done baking, add the shredded mozzarella cheese and set the oven to broil. Broiling will melt the cheese and provide that golden brown color.
What to Serve with One Pan Garlic Baked Chicken
It’s easy to pair sides with baked chicken recipes because they are so versatile and full of flavor. You really want sides that will compliment your dish. With this one pan recipe, you’re already getting the vegetables you need in the tomatoes and brussels sprouts. And trust me, even if you don’t like brussels sprouts or tomatoes, you’ll love them in this dish. The flavor is out of the world delish. I can’t emphasize that enough.
All really need to finish this dish off is to add a starch. I love serving my Perfect Homemade Mashed Potatoes with this dish because of the balsamic sauce. My Instant Pot Rice recipe is also a perfect pairing for this chicken recipe. Or, if you’re low carb, skip the starch and indulge in this one pan chicken dish.
If you loved this recipe, give this recipe a star review! Also, snap a picture of your finished dish and share it with me on Instagram using the hashtag #recipesworthrepeating and tagging me @recipesworthrepeating.
One Pan Garlic Baked Chicken with Mozzarella
Garlic Chicken Marinade
One Pan Balsamic Sauce
- 1 cup brussel sprouts, halved
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 Tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano, dried
- 1/4 teaspoon basil, dried
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme, dried
- 1.5 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- fresh basil, to top
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Add all the Garlic Chicken Marinade ingredients to a gallon size Ziplock bag. Seal the bag and shake until all ingredients are well combined.
- Place Ziplock bag in the refrigerator for 10-15 minutes while you prep the One Pan Balsamic Sauce.
One Pan Balsamic Sauce
- Add all the One Pan Balsamic Sauce ingredients to a 9x13 oven safe dish, except the mozzarella cheese. Stir with a spoon to combine all the ingredients.
- Make sure the one pan ingredients are spread evenly. Remove the chicken from the Ziplock bag and place in the center so that the chicken is on top of and in the center of the vegetables and sauce.
- Bake uncovered for 30 minutes, until the chicken is completely cooked through and the internal temperature is 165F.
- Pull the pan out of the oven and add the shredded mozzarella cheese. Set the oven to broil and broil long enough for the cheese to melt and start to turn brown.
- Top with shredded fresh basil and serve.
- The longer you marinate the chicken, the more flavorful it will be. I recommend marinating the chicken overnight.
- If you have a flavored olive oil, definately use it in this recipe! It helps intensify the flavor.
- Same thing with the balsamic vinegar. I've used a raspberry flavored vinegar and it was amazing.
- If you're looking to substitute out the brussels sprouts, baby or sliced zucchini is amazing with this dish!