I’ve had several requests this week to post my homemade pesto recipe. My pesto recipe is dairy free, but has a really nice taste. Sometimes you get tired of using a jar version of pesto. I like to use this pesto recipe for my pesto chicken thighs. So good!
If you really want to add the Parmesan cheese, you can or you could use a dairy free Parmesan cheese. It tastes fantastic without it though. And yes, it’s Gluten free 🙂
- 3 packages of fresh basil
- 1 cup pine nuts
- 2 garlic cloves
- 3/4 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup of extra virgin olive oil
- Pour 1/4 tsp olive oil in a skillet. Lightly toast the pine nuts in a skillet over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Place all ingredients except for the oil in a small food processor or blender.
- Slowly incorporate the oil while the machine is running, until a smooth paste has formed. Continue blending for 15 seconds to thin the sauce out. NOTE: I sometimes add more olive oil if needed.