I love my meals served layered in a bowl! Sometimes it's just easier to dive into this way! But I also love the versatility and that's exactly what you're getting with these Pesto Chicken Thighs! So many fun ways to eat this dish! Hearty and delish...you'll love these different combos!
These Pesto Chicken Thighs didn't start out being so versatile. Nope - they sure didn't! When I first started making this recipe, I served these Pesto Chicken Thighs over rice. And they were delish and perfect for a quick dinner. But you know...sometimes I like to switch things up a bit. Especially when I have leftovers like green beans, broccoli and sweet potatoes in the refrigerator that I don't want to go to waste.
But let's clear the air for a minute. There is nothing wrong with serving these Pesto Chicken Thighs over a bed of rice. In fact, it's the only way my son eats this dish. And my daughter likes to eat the Pesto Chicken Thighs over noodles. That's what I mean when I say this recipe is versatile! So many ways to eat these!
Oh...did I mention that this Pesto Chicken Thighs recipe is a crockpot meal? Another reason to fall in love! Let that crockpot do all the work! Oh...and did I tell you that these Pesto Chicken Thighs make for a great freezer meal? Yep - another win! Not only is this recipe versatile, but it's made in a crockpot and can be frozen to eat at a later time! And I so get it...you're busy! So go ahead and make life easy on yourself by preparing these ahead of time and freeze them for another day!
Versatility...let's talk about that for a minute so you understand what I mean when I say it's so versatile.
- Serve these Chicken Pesto Thighs over rice
- Serve these Chicken Pesto Thighs over noodles
- Serve these Chicken Pesto Thighs over mashed potatoes (my Homemade Mashed Potatoes are excellent with this dish)
- Serve these Chicken Pesto Thighs in a bowl over rice with 2 of your favorite vegetables
- For a low-carb option, skip the rice, noodles and potatoes and serve these Chicken Pesto Thighs on their own with a salad or your favorite vegetable
We're talking 5 different ways to eat this yumminess! It just doesn't get any better than that! Oh...wait, maybe it does! Did I tell you this recipe is gluten-free? And let's talk nutritional value...you've got the perfect combination of carbs, healthy fat and protein! Balance - another thing that this recipe offers!
Don't forget the convenience factor! Let's talk convenience for a minute because your time is important! It is perfectly fine to buy a store-bought jar of pesto when making this recipe. There are days when I'm in a rush and I need to get out the door and I don't have time to make my homemade Pesto Sauce. So cut yourself some slack and use your favorite jar version of pesto sauce for this dish.
Right now, I'm on a bowl kick. I don't know why but I'm really enjoying taking a bunch of my favorite foods and combining them in a bowl. It's a burst of different flavors all at once and it's fabulous!
Regardless of how you decide to serve these Pesto Chicken Thighs, top them off with some fresh Parmesan cheese and some fresh parsley and you'll have yourself the most amazing dinner! And I guarantee, everyone's going to love this recipe! Happy Eats, friends!
Pesto Chicken Thighs
- 8 Chicken Thighs, boneless and skinless
- 6 oz Pesto Sauce
- 1 packet Hidden Valley Original Ranch Salad Dressing & Seasoning Mix
- ½ cup Chicken Broth
- Parmesan Cheese, (optional)
- Fresh Chopped Parsley, (optional)
- Place chicken thighs on the bottom of the crockpot. Pour the pesto, Hidden Valley Original Ranch Salad Dressing & Seasoning Mix and chicken broth on top of the chicken thighs in the crockpot.
- Stir gently to combine all ingredients.
- Place the top on the crock pot and cook on low for 3-4 hours or until an internal meat thermometer registers at 165°F.
- When done, serve the chicken over rice, noodles or mashed potatoes. Drizzle 2-3 spoonfuls of the pesto sauce mixture over the chick and top with fresh grated Parmesan cheese and fresh chopped parsley.
- Serve immediately and store any leftovers in the refrigerator.