Light, fluffy and guilt free, this Pineapple Pistachio Marshmallow Dessert is both fun and delicious! Pistachio pudding, pineapple and walnuts layered with Cool Whip and miniature marshmallows makes for the best layered dessert!
We have 2 holidays coming up and this Pineapple Pistachio Marshmallow Dessert is perfect for both St. Patrick's Day and Easter! Vastly different holidays, I know. But with St. Patrick's Day coming up on March 17th , you need something GREEN!! Easter falls on April 1 this year and you know that with the warm weather coming around you are going to need a cool and light sweet treat to serve at your Easter dinner! And bonus time...you ready? It's SUPER fast to make! No hassle, no bake, no mess! It's what I like to call my "healthy dessert"!
Sweetness! Yes, it’s dessert time and just like my coffee pudding, you can serve these in parfait or martini glasses! Like I said, I consider this Pineapple Pistachio Marshmallow Dessert to be more along the lines of a "healthy dessert" and man....does this one taste AMAZING! And it's so pretty! Since it's so pretty and fast to make, not only do I serve this for St. Patrick's Day and Easter, but I take this one to picnics and neighborhood get togethers. I always get amazing comments on how appetizing this dessert looks and tastes!
Have you heard of a Watergate Salad? That's what this dessert is often referred to...the Watergate Salad. If you're from the south like I am, you'll remember this dessert at church potlucks and family get togethers along with casseroles like my Cheesy Macaroni Tuna Casserole and Brenda Rowland's Chicken and Rice Casserole. I also serve this dessert alongside some these easy to make smoked meat recipes on hot summer days.
I remember my mom making this dessert for me as a little girl. But she didn't call it Watergate Salad. She called it Pineapple Pistachio Marshmallow Dessert. And doesn't that sound amazing?! And look at it...it looks as amazing as it sounds!!
My mom shared this recipe with me years ago and with the weather being so nice here in Arizona, I decided to make this yesterday to surprise the kiddos after they got home from school. What an amazing snack!! This Pineapple Pistachio Marshmallow Dessert has such a light taste. The pineapple and pistachio mixed with the whip cream is an amazing combination! The light mint green color is the perfect pastel color for Easter and spring and the Cool Whip makes this one light and fluffy.
Ya'll, it literally took me 10 minutes to put together. Super fast and easy to make. This dessert is Gluten Free and high in vitamin C! I promise – you will NOT feel guilty after eating this one!
Share the love with this sweet treat and Happy St. Patrick's Day, Happy Easter and Happy Springtime Eats with this one!
Pineapple Pistachio Marshmallow Dessert
- 1 package Jell-O Pistachio Flavor Instant Pudding and Pie Filling, 4 serving size
- 1 20 oz can crushed pineapple, in juice
- ½ cup Walnut Pieces
- 3 ¼ cups mini marshmallows, divided
- 2 8 ounce tubs COOL WHIP Topping, thawed
- maraschino cherries with stems (use as many as you want!)
- Stir the dry pudding mix, pineapple with juice, walnuts and 1 cup of the marshmallows in a large bowl until well blended.
- Gently stir in 1 tub of the whipped topping.
- Empty the remaining tub of whipped topping into separate medium bowl.
- Add 2 cups of the marshmallows; mix lightly.
- Spoon half of the pudding mixture into large serving bowl; cover with another layer of half of the marshmallow mixture.
- Repeat both layers. Top with remaining 1-¼ cups marshmallows and the cherries.
- Refrigerate at least 1 hour before serving. Store leftover dessert in the fridge.