Who would have thought that the taste of crunchy cauliflower mixed with salty cashews and sweet peas would taste so perfect together! The velvety texture of the salad dressing mixed with peas is full of flavor! This salad is perfect for a side dish and super fast and easy to make!
We all have those recipes from our childhood that stay in our mind as we grow older and are a part of our "go to" recipes. Like my Chicken Salad Recipe and my Best Potato Salad. Well, this is another one. Cauliflower and Pea Salad with Cashews. This pea and cauliflower salad recipe is so perfect for these hot summer days. When you want something light and simple, this is the best salad ever.
Cauliflower and Pea Salad with Cashews
My mom used to make this when I was a little girl. I remember the first time she asked me to try a bite after she made a fresh batch and I'm like, "No way....no way! It has cauliflower and peas in it. Are you serious?!" I was 8 years old so that was a typical reaction. But, because she was my mom and I was a good little girl, I took a bite to be her taste tester.
And it was FABULOUS!
I fell in love with this cauliflower salad that day. And I've been making it ever sense.
This is a raw vegetable salad that contains 5 simple ingredients. No cooking and no baking involved!
- frozen peas
- cashew halves
How to Make Cauliflower and Pea Salad with Cashews
You are literally just going to throw the 5 ingredients into a bowl. I add just a dash of salt and pepper for taste.
Next, you'll stir all the ingredients together. AAnnnnddddd.....that's it.
A super easy, simple, and no stress recipe!
Let's talk cauliflower for a minute. You're going to use raw cauliflower in this salad. You want to make sure you cut the cauliflower into small bite sized florets. The texture of this recipe is amazing but you also want to make sure you are eating bite size pieces. Nothing is worse than biting into a salad and the broccoli or cauliflower is massive and hard to bite into and actually eat. Nobody likes that so cut the cauliflower into bite size pieces.
Tips on Making Cauliflower and Pea Salad with Cashews
- Go easy on the mayonnaise - I like to go light on the mayonnaise with this recipe. So I tend to yield to the ¼ cup mayonnaise so it barely coats the other ingredients. This salad is meant to be light, so don't overdo it on the mayonnaise.
- Why frozen peas? - I love the texture of this salad. It know it sounds a bit weird to add frozen peas to this salad recipe, but those little frozen guys make this dish. They provide a nice crunch and hold up in this salad so much better than mushy canned peas.
- When to serve this cauliflower and pea salad with cashews? -This salad is perfect to serve at a picnic. I also like eating it with my lunch, for a snack, or as a side dish with dinner.
- Raw ingredients - The vegetables in this recipe are meant to be raw so make sure you don't cook this.
- Healthy and gluten free - This salad recipe is healthy and GLUTEN FREE. So indulge, my friends!
- How long will this salad last? - Keep this one refrigerated and covered and it will last for 3-4 days.
More Picnic Recipe Ideas
I have more picnic style recipes I just know you're going to love. Check these out:
- Firehouse Salad
- Italian Style Pasta Salad
- Roasted Broccoli Salad with Pine Nuts and Feta
- Sweet Potato and Kale Patties
If you made this recipe, leave me a comment and give this recipe a star review! Also, snap a picture of your finished dish and share it with me on Instagram using the hashtag #recipesworthrepeating and tagging me @recipesworthrepeating.
Cauliflower and Pea Salad with Cashews
- Chop the cauliflower to small bite size pieces and wash thoroughly.
- Add all ingredients to a large bowl and stir to coat.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Keep chilled and store in the refrigerator.