Packed with nutrition, this Avocado Egg Salad is HEALTHY and full of flavor! Eat it as a dip with your favorite chips, make some tacos or serve it on a piece of toast!
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of ips Perfect Snacks Protein + Great Taste! All opinions are entirely my own. Giveaway details below!
It’s like guacamole meets egg salad minus the mayo! That’s the PERFECT description for this super easy and crazy healthy recipe! Oh…and you’re going to love it! So tell me…who grew up eating egg salad? I did! It was a staple recipe in our home growing up. My mom made it at least once a week. We always ate it after church and it was so good! She would boil the egg and then chop them up and throw them in a mixing bowl with a TON of mayonnaise and salt and pepper. It was scrumptious…but it wasn’t the healthiest.
Growing up in the south…I didn’t know about avocados. I had guacamole for the first time my junior year of high school. I know…call me sheltered. But y’all – I LOVE EGG SALAD!!! And I really want my kiddos to eat this yumminess! There has to be a healthier way to make this fabulous versatile recipe, right?
Queue the avocado, please! Substitute the mayo with avocado…now that’s a genius idea! Is avocado egg salad healthy? If you make it with avocado instead of mayo – heck yeah it’s healthy! And we all need healthy fats in our diets!
So let’s talk ingredients for a minute so you can see why this Avocado Egg Salad is so healthy…and delish! Here’s what’s in it:
- Hard Boiled Eggs
- Black Beans
- Green Onions
- Chili Powder
- Garlic Powder
How To Make Avocado Egg Salad
Let’s jump right into making this fabulous recipe. Here’s what you’re going to do. First, put 4 eggs in a pot and bring them to a boil. Once the water comes to a boil, let them boil for 10 minutes. I’m going to talk more on this below because I have some fun tips for you about how to make the perfect boiled eggs.
After the eggs are done, peel them and cut them into quarters. Place them in a mixing bowl along with an avocado, lime juice, chili powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
Next, grab a hand held potato masher (or a fork) and start mashing the ingredients together until they start to become combined.
Now it’s time to add the black beans, salsa, cilantro and chopped green onions to the mixture. You’re going to mix all the ingredients together until it’s well combined.
And that’s it! So easy! The easiest and quickest dips, salad, snack, lunch or dinner!
Hmmmm….let’s talk about that statement for a minute….
Just another reason I love this recipe! Not only is it easy and quick to make, but it’s crazy healthy and it’s super versatile. You can eat it so many different ways! But I want to share my absolute favorite way because I’ve fallen in love with eating this Avocado Egg Salad with ips Sea Salt & Black Pepper chips.
Do you guys remember my Churro Cinnamon Pumpkin Cookies with Cream Cheese recipe I posted back in October? Well, I made these fabulous cookies with the ips Churro Cinnamon chips and oh my goodness…they were to die for! So I decided to start incorporating all their other chips into my diet. But when I say “chips”…don’t think “unhealthy, fried chips”. No… ips chips and popcorn are low carb, nutritious, delicious and packed with protein.
Protein, yes PROTEIN! Protein chips!
These chips are whole grain and contain no empty calories So what does that equal?
So here’s how I eat my Avocado Egg Salad….
I grab a chip and I dip it into the bowl of yummy goodness and I go to town eating this HEALTHY and delicious Avocado Egg Salad!
Expert Tips About Avocado Egg Salad
- Does avocado egg salad turn brown? Well – if you eat it all in one serving you don’t have to worry about that! Ha Ha! Just kidding! Well…kinda. The highly acidic lime juice in this recipe helps keep it from turning brown. However; if it starts to turn, just stir it up and it will turn green again. It’s totally ok!
- Store any leftovers in the fridge. It needs to stay chilled.
- Love love LOVE the cilantro in this recipe. Avocado Egg Salad with extra cilantro is my favorite way to enjoy this!
- Do you struggle with boiling eggs? Don’t laugh…it’s a thing. I LOVE this blog post on How To Make The Perfect Boiled Eggs.
- To check out other recipes I’ve created using ips Perfect Snacks, check out my Popcorn Snack Mix!
Different Ways To Eat Avocado Egg Salad
Let’s talk about all the fabulous ways you can eat this egg salad!
- Avocado Egg Salad Toast – perfect for breakfast!
- Avocado Egg Salad Tacos – serve this on corn tortillas!
- Avocado Egg Salad on Bread – make a sandwich!
- Avocado Egg Salad Dip – serve it as an appetizer with your favorite chips! Hint Hint…ips Perfect Snacks!!
Where to Buy ips Perfect Snacks
If you haven’t yet tried ips Perfect Snacks, you’re missing out!! I think you’re going to love ips Perfect Snacks so much that the company decided to give YOU, my readers here at Recipes Worth Repeating, 20% off all products! Yes, you read that right…ALL PRODUCTS! See how special y’all are to me!!
Let’s review what ips Perfect Snacks offers:
- Sea Salt & Black Pepper
- Churro Cinnamon
- Aged White Cheddar
- Sweet & Tangy BBQ
- Classic Salted Popcorn
- Aged White Cheddar Popcorn
To get the discount, check it out here: ips Perfect Snacks. But HURRY! This offer is only valid until November 23, 2018!!
And yes..I mentioned the FREE GIVEAWAY! Detail below after the recipe!
I just know you are going to love this Avocado Egg Salad and these easy step-by-step instructions! If you’ve tried these cookies or any other recipe on the blog, then don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know how it turned out in the comments below! I love hearing from you! You can also sign up for my newsletter and FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, TWITTER, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST to see more delicious food I’m creating!
Avocado Egg Salad
- Boil 4 eggs and once done and peeled, cut into quarters.
- Mash together the hard boiled eggs, avocado, lime juice, chili powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Next, stir in black beans, chopped green onions, chopped cilantro and salsa.
- Serve with your favorite chip or spread on your favorite corn tortilla. Refrigerate any leftovers.
It’s Free Giveaway Time!
One lucky winner will get a giveaway box full of ips Perfect Snacks AND a $25.00 Amazon Gift Card…because I can’t WAIT for you to see why I’m so obsessed!
It’s easy to enter! Just follow the prompts below! If you have any questions, leave me a comment or shoot me an email at [email protected]!
NOTE: You will find affiliate links on this page.